What to do with someone who is ruining a money league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to do with someone who is ruining a money league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 2:31 pm

SouthBronxBombers wrote:In case you missed it, it's an open forum. When you post a subject and ask for opinions, it means you might get ones that don't agree with you. You just seem unable to handle anyone not kissing your rear end. So you can place your little icons where the sun does not shine.


Awww...poor guy comes in and starts throwing around insults and then cries when it gets thrown back at him. :,-(

In case you missed it, the kiddies forum is in the other room. :-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish » Tue May 31, 2005 2:31 pm

I don't see what the big deal is. You made a trade that wasn't even, but wasn't that bad.

Some guy had a different opinion and bitched. :-o

Then you came on here and did the same thing about him.

Now we're bitching about you.

You will now go back somewhere and bitch about this forum.

It's the circle of life, what a beautiful thing.

I apologize in advance for the language, but I couldn't find a more appropriate word. ;-D
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Tue May 31, 2005 2:34 pm

All you do is just keep proving what an ass you are.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 892
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 2:40 pm

Irish wrote:I don't see what the big deal is. You made a trade that wasn't even, but wasn't that bad.

Some guy had a different opinion and bitched. :-o

Then you came on here and did the same thing about him.

Now we're bitching about you.

You will now go back somewhere and bitch about this forum.

It's the circle of life, what a beautiful thing.

I apologize in advance for the language, but I couldn't find a more appropriate word. ;-D


Lol, that pretty much sums it all up. ;-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 2:42 pm

SouthBronxBombers wrote:All you do is just keep proving what an ass you are.


May want to check that mirror again, ye ignorant one. ;-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayman » Tue May 31, 2005 2:46 pm

How did you let this turn into a string of message board posts and hateful emails? You're the commissioner. It's your job to take immediate action.

By his post he seems to think that you make the decision to veto or not when in fact it's by league vote via email to commish:

"I shouldn't have to write some fuckin speach on why the trade should be denied. And then and only then at that point will you decide if the trade is fair. That's the biggest farce i've ever heard in my life."

You may call him childish, immature, or whatever, I call him a cracy competitors (brett throwing a base, rose kicking up dirt, alomar spitting on an umpirs face). Inexcusable? Yes. But, to this guy, and those metioned, he's getting ripped.

I think there's more you're not telling us. I can't imagine, by the tone of his post, that this is an ISOLATED incident. But, whatever, none of this matters.

You should have heard his cries in the beginng, and if you think a trade like this would gone through no questions asked in most leagues - you're wrong. In my league, I'd have 4 protests within the hour.
Last edited by jayman on Tue May 31, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby Irish » Tue May 31, 2005 2:47 pm

I just had a vision.......

This thread was at the bottom of the page, locked forever.......

:-B
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayman » Tue May 31, 2005 2:49 pm

Irish wrote:I just had a vision.......

This thread was at the bottom of the page, locked forever.......

:-B


Yeah, this is headed no where good.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 2:53 pm

jayman wrote:How did you let this turn into a string of message board posts and hateful emails? You're the commissioner. It's your job to take immediate action.

By his post he seems to think that you make the decision to veto or not when in fact it's by league vote via email to commish:

"I shouldn't have to write some fuckin speach on why the trade should be denied. And then and only then at that point will you decide if the trade is fair. That's the biggest farce i've ever heard in my life."

You may call him childish, immature, or whatever, I call him a cracy competitors (brett throwing a base, rose kicking up dirt, alomar spitting on an umpirs face). Inexcusable? Yes. But, to this guy, and those metioned, he's getting ripped.

I think there's more you're not telling us. I can't imagine, by the tone of his post, that this is an ISOLATED incident. But, whatever, none of this matters.

You should have heard his cries in the beginng, and if you think a trade like this would gone through no questions asked in most leagues - you're wrong. In my league, I'd have 4 protests within the hour.


That's exactly why I wanted to ask for a good way to handle him. Believe it or not, my league has not had to deal with someone going ape-$HIT in it's 4 or 5 years of existence. We've had our issues, but nothing like this turned into. So I ask for suggestions from people who may have run into it before, you may think that is a sign of weakness, but I think it is weak to take action without having a strong idea of the best way to act.

Anyway, this is over. EVERYONE in the league has calmed down which is why I said this thread should probably go away. We are now furiously discussing something that isn't even relevant anymore.

By the way, protests are fine and if it would have received 4 then it would have been blocked with no hard feelings from me and the emails are supposed to go to another owner too for checks and balances. It has happened several times to several owners in the league over the years and has never been a problem.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 2:54 pm

Irish wrote:I just had a vision.......

This thread was at the bottom of the page, locked forever.......

:-B


Please, show me where to sign! ;-D
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact