What to do with someone who is ruining a money league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to do with someone who is ruining a money league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Tue May 31, 2005 1:02 pm

I am still waiting for Rohan to show up and tell us his side of the story...must not be that active of a member.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rowand » Tue May 31, 2005 1:15 pm

davus wrote:
SouthBronxBombers wrote:Yeah, as a matter of fact there ARE better guys on the waiver wire right now than Anderson. I need a plugin until Vlad gets back, but I didn't have anyone to drop and I had 5 RP and the other guy had 1 and needed help in saves really bad. I certainly wasn't going to drop Tyler, who at the time of the trade had just converted 6 saves in a row.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

who is better than garret anderson on waivers? Garret anderson was/is doing better than vlad even b4 vlad got hurt.
AAROONNNNN RO WAND!
Rowand
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Tue May 31, 2005 1:17 pm

Man, you sure do get pissed when somebody doesn't kiss your rear in agreement. Your trade was bs and you know it. You took a guy you plucked off the waiver wire a couple of weeks ago and traded him for a very good outfielder. And then to say he does not have that much value because your league includes triples is laughable.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue May 31, 2005 1:34 pm

BigMusky wrote:I am still waiting for Rohan to show up and tell us his side of the story...must not be that active of a member.

I'm starting to think that Rowand is Rohan.

And I agree with southbronx - to have me believe that you could have had better options on the WW and that you'd rather hurt your team (by trading for a lesser OF than could have been had off the WW) to another team to help him out seems incredulous, at best.

However, if you were truly being philanthropic and would hurt your team to help another vs simply helping your team, then I simply can't understand why owners like Rohan would have objected to this trade.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby CPHFighter1 » Tue May 31, 2005 1:37 pm

You say this trade was accepted right after Walker reeled off 6 straight saves. His last three outings have been horrendous, and I think some people are basing the fairness of the deal on what he has done since the trade, which is wrong. If Walker had gone scoreless in his last three outings since the deal was made, would everyone still be telling you this is a shady deal? Maybe, but I would imagine there would be far less.

davus wrote:Whatever. This thread should be locked or deleted. If you want to bitch about the trade, then there is a thread I posted in the trade forum for that. Be my guest.

C'mon bro. You asked for opinions on the situation and you got a ton of them, far more than I have ever seen anyone else get. Speaking about the fairness of the deal goes hand in hand with whether you should banish him from the league, or whatever your original post was about.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 1:39 pm

Rowand wrote:
davus wrote:
SouthBronxBombers wrote:Yeah, as a matter of fact there ARE better guys on the waiver wire right now than Anderson. I need a plugin until Vlad gets back, but I didn't have anyone to drop and I had 5 RP and the other guy had 1 and needed help in saves really bad. I certainly wasn't going to drop Tyler, who at the time of the trade had just converted 6 saves in a row.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

who is better than garret anderson on waivers? Garret anderson was/is doing better than vlad even b4 vlad got hurt.

Dmitri Young
Craig Biggio
Tino Martinez
Damon Hollins
Daryle Ward

All have been more valuable than Anderson over this season in our categories (8x8 adding 2b 3b OPS). Anderson has a horrible OPS, less than average 2b and no triples. That means in our scoring he hurts you in 3b, hr, sb and OPS and helps you in RBI and slightly in AVG while being average at best in the other cats.

Some of you guys don't seem to understand that different scoring categories can drastically change a player's value.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 1:44 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:
BigMusky wrote:I am still waiting for Rohan to show up and tell us his side of the story...must not be that active of a member.

I'm starting to think that Rowand is Rohan.

And I agree with southbronx - to have me believe that you could have had better options on the WW and that you'd rather hurt your team (by trading for a lesser OF than could have been had off the WW) to another team to help him out seems incredulous, at best.

However, if you were truly being philanthropic and would hurt your team to help another vs simply helping your team, then I simply can't understand why owners like Rohan would have objected to this trade.

Part of a winning strategy includes avoiding moves that help teams that have a shot at taking you down. As I've already said, at the time of the deal, Walker was on fire. I looked for a team at the bottom of the rankings that I didn't feel was a threat to me if I traded him some saves. He needed saves badly, so I offered him Walker for his 4th OF.

I wasn't doing it to help his team, I was doing it to help mine and at the same time not give somebody closer to me in the standings a free Walker who could have gone on to convert 10 more saves in a row for all I knew. If that doesn't make sense to you, I don't know what else I can say...
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Tue May 31, 2005 1:45 pm

So when are you dropping Anderson to pick one of them up? LEt me see if I understand you. You traded for a player who you say is worse than all of those players who are available to you simply because you did not want to just drop the player you traded. And then you're going to stick with that player instead of dropping him for one of these players. Uh huh. I see.

A three year old could tell a better lie.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 1:47 pm

CPHFighter1 wrote:You say this trade was accepted right after Walker reeled off 6 straight saves. His last three outings have been horrendous, and I think some people are basing the fairness of the deal on what he has done since the trade, which is wrong. If Walker had gone scoreless in his last three outings since the deal was made, would everyone still be telling you this is a shady deal? Maybe, but I would imagine there would be far less.

Precisely. The trade was accepted the day before or on the day that he started giving up a string of runs. He was on a huge tear (only 1 baserunner in 6 outings) at the time.

CPHFighter1 wrote:
C'mon bro. You asked for opinions on the situation and you got a ton of them, far more than I have ever seen anyone else get. Speaking about the fairness of the deal goes hand in hand with whether you should banish him from the league, or whatever your original post was about.

I suppose. The nice thing is I think everyone in the league has calmed down.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davus » Tue May 31, 2005 1:53 pm

SouthBronxBombers wrote:So when are you dropping Anderson to pick one of them up? LEt me see if I understand you. You traded for a player who you say is worse than all of those players who are available to you simply because you did not want to just drop the player you traded. And then you're going to stick with that player instead of dropping him for one of these players. Uh huh. I see.

A three year old could tell a better lie.

No apparently you don't have it straight. I didn't say that Anderson is worse, I said that there were guys on the waiver wire that currently have had more value than him in OUR scoring THIS season.

We also have 40 maximum moves (trades are unlimited until the deadline) and I already have 25 only 1/3 into the season.

Maybe until you know everything about the situation you could just be content to realize that you are ignorant instead of making uninformed assumptions about how my league works?? B-)
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers