What to do with someone who is ruining a money league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to do with someone who is ruining a money league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davus » Sun May 29, 2005 10:32 pm

CPHFighter1 wrote:I still wouldn't lock his team. It is only going to make the situation worse. If you lock it and keep his money, he's going to go ballistic, and that is just bad commishing. If you lock it and give his money back, you are going to lose credibility with your league, as I said earlier.
You are stuck with him. Delete his emails and posts, and leave it at that. Ignore him enough, and he will go away.

Believe me, even though it's tempting it would be the last thing I would do to lock him out completely unless he started dropping players or something.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davus » Sun May 29, 2005 10:33 pm

Rowand wrote:
davus wrote:However, Rohan is simply a crybaby sore loser who is getting very personal because he doesn't like the trade that I made.

what was the trade. Who knows maybe you can be corrupt!

The trade is listed in the first post, but I hardly think that is the point. If he doesn't like the trade, he should cast a vote and hope that 3 other managers do likewise. He is welcome to email them to try to convince them as well. What he shouldn't do is post 15 posts in two days calling everyone in the league a sucker and saying the league is a scam because a trade was accepted that he doesn't agree with.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gws226 » Sun May 29, 2005 10:39 pm

CPHFighter1 wrote:I still wouldn't lock his team. It is only going to make the situation worse. If you lock it and keep his money, he's going to go ballistic, and that is just bad commishing. If you lock it and give his money back, you are going to lose credibility with your league, as I said earlier.
You are stuck with him. Delete his emails and posts, and leave it at that. Ignore him enough, and he will go away.

I don't think refunding is money is gonna make ya lose creditibility. it was actually gonna be my suggestion. It will show all the members of your league that money does not talk, and as commish your not gonna let the Barry Bonds of the league get away with roid abuse just because you will have a little egg on your face as a result.

There seems to be a general consenus here saying that if the manager had not paid money, then he should be locked out of him team. Remove that variable and you can proceed swiftly on him.

If I was commishing this league, and all other methods have been exausted &the other managers recongize that the situation is hopeless I would refund the guy his money out of my own pocket, remove him from the league and then discuss whether to bring on a replacement, or dissolve the team
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bceagles04 » Sun May 29, 2005 10:44 pm

could you post some of his rants? I have someone like this in my league, i wanna see how they compare!
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CPHFighter1 » Sun May 29, 2005 11:01 pm

gws226 wrote:I don't think refunding is money is gonna make ya lose creditibility. it was actually gonna be my suggestion. It will show all the members of your league that money does not talk, and as commish your not gonna let the Barry Bonds of the league get away with roid abuse just because you will have a little egg on your face as a result.

There seems to be a general consenus here saying that if the manager had not paid money, then he should be locked out of him team. Remove that variable and you can proceed swiftly on him.

If I was commishing this league, and all other methods have been exausted &the other managers recongize that the situation is hopeless I would refund the guy his money out of my own pocket, remove him from the league and then discuss whether to bring on a replacement, or dissolve the team

Ahole team:
“I want out!” (thinking: shoot, my team sucks) “This league is a scam!”

Commish:
“Ok, I will refund your money. You are a jerk.”

Other league members:
“So, he gets his money back just because he whined about it and acted like an ahole? I feel cheated, I want out too.”

Even if this is not the reaction of the other owners, which it absolutely would be, you have a finding a new owner / redistribution mess on your hands.
I miss how the "Barry Bonds" of the league is getting away with anything, UNLESS you give him his money back.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gws226 » Sun May 29, 2005 11:09 pm

That would not be my reaction....... but I see your point.

He said that this was an already established league, with friends and family... with a couple of unknowns mixed in..... If the rest of the parties involved this is an isolated incident, then I doubt everyone would ask to be cashed out.
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davus » Sun May 29, 2005 11:29 pm

bceagles04 wrote:could you post some of his rants? I have someone like this in my league, i wanna see how they compare!

Just one of many...again, trade votes go to myself and another manager to keep it honest and he claims that he read the rules before joining the league so it's not like he didn't know that was the process...

Rohan wrote:I just don't agree and there's other people in this league and millions of other fantasy owners that would disagree with you. Anderson is 17th in the league in rbi's, that's more than Teixeira, Ortiz, and Sorianio. Anderson would be picked up by anyone in this league with an open OF position. He bats cleanup for (1) of the best teams in baseball.
I shouldn't have to write some fuckin speach on why the trade should be denied. And then and only then at that point will you decide if the trade is fair. That's the biggest farce i've ever heard in my life.

I never voted down the Brandon Webb trade.FYI..

Why don't you just aquire Todd Helton? Nobody can vote it down because your league manager. Believe me, when you try to recruit suckers for next year, they will be informed.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cmchampa2 » Mon May 30, 2005 12:06 am

Wow, Tyler Walker for Garrett Anderson? Might someone be a little desperate for relievers?
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gws226 » Mon May 30, 2005 12:11 am

Thats just annoying.... its not enough to ruin a league or have some expelled....

Example: My league. Me giving Krod for RJ.

Commish puts it up on the board for discussion

it's bullsh*t. I'll trade any of my closers for pedro, santana, or willis anyone up?

same deal.... guy desperate for closers, weak offense, strong pitching. Even though RJ and Krod have both faultered, it was still loopsided in my favor.
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davus » Mon May 30, 2005 12:21 am

gws226 wrote:Thats just annoying.... its not enough to ruin a league or have some expelled....

Example: My league. Me giving Krod for RJ.

Commish puts it up on the board for discussion

it's bullsh*t. I'll trade any of my closers for pedro, santana, or willis anyone up?

same deal.... guy desperate for closers, weak offense, strong pitching. Even though RJ and Krod have both faultered, it was still loopsided in my favor.

I agree, that one message is not a gamebreaker. But 15 of them, most of them claiming that the league is rigged and that he demands his money back, in addition to emails telling me to go f*$k myself and saying I swindled $50 from him is getting to be too much.
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers