Mid-season Real teams league needs more players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Mid-season Real teams league needs more players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mid-season Real teams league needs more players

Postby jdh » Wed May 28, 2003 11:12 pm

This is a league where you choose 2 MLB teams and then you choose 30 players off of those two teams. It's fun because you will have an excess of players at some positions and holes at others, presenting lots of trade chances to strengthen your team. It's a roto 6x6 league with OBP and Holds as the added categories.

The following teams are taken: Cards, A's, Yankees, Braves, Giants, Cubs, Phillies, Red Sox, Rangers, DBacks. However, the other 20 teams are available, with plenty of good teams still left. If we don't get enough players to take all teams, we will do a preference list FA draft with the team that gets last choice of teams getting first pick.

It's a Yahoo league ID # 292589, password: password. Join up if interested or PM me for more info.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Thu May 29, 2003 12:10 am

LA and Houston were just taken, but there's still 18 teams left to choose. Sign up ASAP to get the best teams possible!
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

jdh

Postby Peja and Bibby » Thu May 29, 2003 1:41 am

i would have loved to but the good teams are taken the teams should have been selected in a draft format and not first come first serve. agreed?
Peja and Bibby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdh » Thu May 29, 2003 1:47 am

Yeah, I wrestled with doing it that way, but the problem would be there is no real way through Yahoo to do that kind of draft, and getting people online into a chat room to choose teams would be disastrous at best.

That's why I thought the fairest way would be to let people choose teams first come, first served, but then after the rosters are chosen and we find out how many teams are in the league, do a sort of FA draft for all the players on teams that weren't picked. I would give the first pick in that draft to the person that gets the last choice of teams to take, and go backwards from there. What I'm going to do is get everyone to create a preference list of free agents and post it, and then just run down that list and go 5 rounds deep to assign the top free agents to the teams. I know that doesn't totally equalize it, but it's the fairest way I could think of.

At any rate, you should still join, because there's still plenty of decent teams left that when combined could make a nice squad. Toronto, White Sox, Seatlle, Anaheim, Colorado and Montreal are all fairly good teams that would make good starting points for developing a squad.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

i joined

Postby Peja and Bibby » Thu May 29, 2003 1:53 am

i am chisox/spos
Peja and Bibby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdh » Thu May 29, 2003 2:05 am

OK, cool so, the following teams are still available:

Blue Jays
Orioles
Devil Rays
Twins
Royals
Indians
Tigers
Mariners
Angels
Marlins
Mets
Reds
Pirates
Brewers
Rockies
Padres

The Blue Jays, Twins, Reds, Rockies, Mariners and Angels are all still pretty strong starting blocks to build your team around, so join ASAP to get first pick of what's left.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nero » Thu May 29, 2003 7:37 am

You should give late joiners 3 teams to choose to make up for having later shots...

if you're willing I'd take the Jays, Marines and Reds
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby phunkadelic » Thu May 29, 2003 11:44 am

Just a suggestion for future seasons (I know it's too late now). Maybe have everyone pick one team. Close the game off at 12 or 15 teams or whatever. Then have the managers select a 2nd team in reverse order of their first selections. You could elimate Yankees/Braves situations.

Just a suggestion. It still sounds like fun though.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jdh » Thu May 29, 2003 12:46 pm

I can't change the rules to give new joiners three teams at this point, because I don't think that would be really be fair to the people that already joined who are expecting that there will be some kind of an FA draft, which there might not be any teams left for if I let some people take three teams. I do agree that next time letting people choose a second team in reverse order is a great idea but it is too late now. Also, someone already claimed Cincinatti and Toronto. Here is what isn't spoken for as of right now:

Orioles
DRays
Twins
Royals
Indians
Tigers
Angels
Mets
Pirates
Rockies
Padres

The two ALCS teams from last year are still available.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nero » Thu May 29, 2003 12:52 pm

I don't think you're going to find more owners...

you should have everyone that's in drop one team and then allow the new people to draft ...

that way you still give preference to the people that were in there before and still give the new comers something interesting

otherwise I'm out..
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Classifieds