Potential 05 call-ups not named Delmon or Felix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Potential 05 call-ups not named Delmon or Felix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:53 am

I don't think Prince has much of a shot to come up besides at the end of the year in Sept. There really is no need to promote him, because even though he has been on a hot streak lately, he isn't ready. He needs more experience in AAA and his defense is still below par right now, I'm not sure what Phillips heard, but I'd bet almoost anything Prince won't be up for more then a handful of AB's this year.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cookman » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:22 am

Does anyone have any idea when they are thinking about bringing Weeks up? I like what I hear about him, and he's still a FA in my league, but I'm a little tight on roster spots right now. All-Star-Break-ish?
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

rickie weeks

Postby Jagfan21 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:26 pm

rickie weeks 2b Milwalke look for him
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby perlick29 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:22 pm

hybrid wrote:I don't think Prince has much of a shot to come up besides at the end of the year in Sept. There really is no need to promote him, because even though he has been on a hot streak lately, he isn't ready. He needs more experience in AAA and his defense is still below par right now, I'm not sure what Phillips heard, but I'd bet almoost anything Prince won't be up for more then a handful of AB's this year.

I had heard during a broadcast that the Brewers were thinking of calling him up this week to throw him some AB's as a DH since they will be in AL parks. Hasn't happened yet but I wouldnt count that possiblity out yet.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:35 pm

2 more HR last night for him, 15 on the season
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby Webster11 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:30 pm

perlick29 wrote:
hybrid wrote:I don't think Prince has much of a shot to come up besides at the end of the year in Sept. There really is no need to promote him, because even though he has been on a hot streak lately, he isn't ready. He needs more experience in AAA and his defense is still below par right now, I'm not sure what Phillips heard, but I'd bet almoost anything Prince won't be up for more then a handful of AB's this year.

I had heard during a broadcast that the Brewers were thinking of calling him up this week to throw him some AB's as a DH since they will be in AL parks. Hasn't happened yet but I wouldnt count that possiblity out yet.

From members Jackets only -

Members Only Jackets wrote:rotoworld:

The Brewers have decided to call up Prince Fielder to act as a designated hitter this week.
This never would have happened had Russell Branyan been healthy, but as is, the Brewers don't have any great options at DH. Fielder will return to the minors as soon as the week is over.

--I just traded helton for him in a keeper league...it didn't go thru yet but hopefully soon! ;-D
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:13 pm

Yep, heard this rumor when they were in Philly, but I didn't actually think they would. I'm not complaining though as I get to see him and Weeks now. ;-)

But after this Prince will be sent back down again most likely, so he won't be worth much this year unless your in a keeper of course.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Dmville » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:58 pm

I would think the Pirates are eager to get Ian Snell up, but their SP's have been pitching pretty well so no reason to right now.

But he has a WHIP of 1.00, 9 K/9, 4/1 K/BB, and a complete game shutout so far this year in AAA.

Then again, when someone figures out the Pirates decision making process, please let the rest of us know.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thomasps3 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:45 am

One guy to kep an eye on is Craig Hansen, the Red Sox 1st round pick out of St. John's. He is alanky (6'6) reliever with two plus pitches(FB,Slider) who could be sorely used in the Sox 'pen. Also, keep an eye out for him and some possible save opps if Foulke continues with his 6.something era....
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby j24jags » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:55 am

Dmville wrote:I would think the Pirates are eager to get Ian Snell up, but their SP's have been pitching pretty well so no reason to right now.

But he has a WHIP of 1.00, 9 K/9, 4/1 K/BB, and a complete game shutout so far this year in AAA.

Then again, when someone figures out the Pirates decision making process, please let the rest of us know.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Zach Duke will be called up before Snell. I know Snell is dominating but I think the PIT organization believes Duke has more potential than Snell.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball