Potential 05 call-ups not named Delmon or Felix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Potential 05 call-ups not named Delmon or Felix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Potential 05 call-ups not named Delmon or Felix

Postby bigken117 » Sat May 28, 2005 5:52 pm

I have the #3 waiver in my keeper league. Assuming Delmon and Felix go 1 and 2 (or vice versa) and nobody drops a stud, who should I be looking out for, even if it's not until August or September? I want a bat if not Felix.
Stewart?
Marte?
Guzman?
Fielder?
Alex Gordon?
Other?
This is a Yahoo league, so it would have to be someone with no big league experience (i.e. not Upton and Weeks)
Who else is gonna get the call?
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sat May 28, 2005 5:59 pm

There are other prospects not named Felix or Delmon? 8-o :-b

-Anyways Stewart has no chance of being up really, he is in High A and struggling since he came back from injury.

-Gordon I doubt will have any impact ... afterall he has yet to be drafted, maybe a late season call up next year.

-Fielder has been coming around but unless they trade Overbay or he gets hurt, don't count on anything.

-Guzman is really to young and raw to help even if he gets to the bigs, which he shouldn't

-Last but not least, Marte is your best shot. He is the most ready for the chance and could produce fairly well later in the year.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigken117 » Sat May 28, 2005 6:25 pm

Thanks Hyb...4 more quick and easy ones...

does Marte compare favorably to Wright in terms of impact?
is there anyone I didn't mention that does compare to Wright?
If you had #3, would Marte be your pick? If not, then whom?

Thanks again!
Happy B-day again!
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Sat May 28, 2005 7:10 pm

Marte isn't as polished as Wright, so his chances of having the same impact aren't as good. He has power as good or better then Wright, but I don't see it translating as soon as Wright's did.

I'd say the best one you didn't mention that is high up, is Carlos Quentin. He is very polished and has power, unfortunately the D'Backs have him blocked by an aging Gonzalez and a declining Green.

Yeah, Marte would be my pick after Felix/Delmon. But if Marte got called up earlier and the Rays wait to long on Delmon ... I could see taking Marte ahead of him.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigken117 » Sat May 28, 2005 8:59 pm

Thanks Hybrid! Have a Summer Ale on me for your efforts!
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby DCNats » Sun May 29, 2005 1:23 am

Where does Kendry Morales fit into that group should he be called up? I know his situation is a little different, but how does he compare, in terms of short and long term impact, to the other prospects mentioned. I too have the third waiver priority in my league, so this thread could prove very helpful.
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ed Whitson » Sun May 29, 2005 10:11 am

Rickie Weeks should be promoted soon and is ripping up AAA pitching right now. Plus, he plays 2B, which obviously adds to his value.
Ed Whitson
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Sun May 29, 2005 2:05 pm

true, but Weeks is in Yahoo's player pool. This thread is for those players not in Yahoo that could be called up soon.
On the Brewers though, Prince is coming on strong.

TM PLAYERS AB R H RBI W K AVG
MIL P.Fielder, 1B 4 2 2 6 2 0 .251 - 2B, HR (8); Last 6 G: 5 HR, 14 RBIs
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby Balco » Sun May 29, 2005 4:19 pm

Hanley Ramirez ;-D
Balco
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:46 pm

well Marte is added, but I saw (?) Phillips, the old Mets GM, on Baseball Tonight, talking about the Brewers moving Overbay to make room for the Prince. He's only hitting .257 but has clubbed 12 HR. Any thoughts?

I am also working on a deal with the #5 priority for him to take Marte and trade him to me for Weeks. Then I can keep my #3 and pray for Delmon or Felix but "settle" on Prince. Good deal or no?
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball