Another Rate My Team Post - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Another Rate My Team Post

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Rate My Team Post

Postby Mqtman_76 » Wed May 28, 2003 8:55 pm

I really like this team in a 12 man 12 x 12 yahoo league. I'm leading in some important categories such as RBI's, HR, Average, ERA, WHIP and Wins and Lossed. However, I'm getting killed in Extra Base Hits, fielding, and pitching categories such as Complete Games, Shoutouts and others. Any advise on what to do, where I am weak, or what I should trade for? My initial thought is I have some guys that can drive the ball, and have decent speed, so just wait out and those categories will improve.

C. Greg Meyers
C Open
1B Mike Sweeney
2B Boone (Seattle)
SS A-Rod
3B Tony Batista
OF Vladimir Gurrero
OF Barry Bonds
OF Shawn Green
Ut Cliff Floyd
Ut Tori Hunter
Ut Jermey Burnitz

SP Kevin Brown
SP Odalis Perez
SP Kaz.. Iishi
SP Randy Johnson
SP Brandon Webb
SP Migual Bastia
SP Derrek Lowe
SP Joe Peniero
RP Cliff Polite
RP Lance Carter
DL Jason Issringhousen

Just Traded Brad Fulmer and Hank Blaylock for Boone and Sweeney. Hopefully that will give me some more runs and extra base hits. Also I just picked up Tony Batista off free agents.
Mqtman_76

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sat May 31, 2003 10:31 am

I don't think there's all that much you can do to gain ground in the categories you mentioned. I think you'll be fine in extra base hits; all you need there is a bit of patience. You also shouldn't be that far behind in fielding with three OF's in your utility slots. Complete games and shutouts are a bit of a crapshoot - it's awfully hard to target those categories. The one thing I'd try to do is trade a bit of your depth (OF, SP) for upgrades, if possible.

I'm not sure I recall ever seeing a team in a 12-team league with both the most wins and the least losses... That's pretty impressive.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team