What a terrible game...PLEASE trade Quantril.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

What a terrible game...PLEASE trade Quantril....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What a terrible game...PLEASE trade Quantril....

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat May 28, 2005 3:25 pm

This is more of a vent, this game is absolutely awful, Pavano is not what the boss paid for, and the sox got the better value in clement, for a smaller price.

And for gods sake, get rid of Quantril he is HORRIBLE. A grand slam then a 3 run shot.....without getting an out!
disgruntledjetsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What a terrible game...PLEASE trade Quantril....

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun May 29, 2005 12:53 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Pavano is not what the boss paid for

Only Yankee fans thought he would even come close to providing value on the dollar. ;-7

As for the Yankees, I guess they're back in a slump now that they've only won what, 16 out of 19. :-b
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun May 29, 2005 7:11 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:As for the Yankees, I guess they're back in a slump now that they've only won what, 16 out of 19. :-b

its not that, I just can't believe that the yankees could get embarrased (sp?) like that against the red sox. I mean, that was one of the worst bull pen performances I have seen in a long long time. Stanton is old, he is done, quantrill is awful, buddy groom is not very good. Honestly the yankees only have 3 guys in the bullpen who are any decent. And that is stretching it to say tanyon sturtze is decent....
disgruntledjetsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun May 29, 2005 9:04 pm

You won't get any arguments from me on the poor state of the Yakees pen as of late, I was just being facetious. :-B
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:35 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:

Only Yankee fans thought he would even come close to providing value on the dollar. ;-7

As for the Yankees, I guess they're back in a slump now that they've only won what, 16 out of 19. :-b

I never thought he'd provide any value.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:47 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:

I never thought he'd provide any value.

Pavano might be a bit of a disappointment, but he has not been that bad. The bullpen has blown a few games he has left with a lead. We have so many problems it is hard to imagine this team being a contender this season. And on the hitlist of problems, I do not think pavano makes the top 10. Just look at this:

1a and b. 2 1bs who are both well past their prime. One in Giambi is a roid waste and one of the worst contracts around. The other in Tino is an adequate part-time player, but his days as a useful starter are over. Just what production have we gotten out of 1b this season outside of the 2 week span Tino was actually hitting?..Answer: next to nothing.

2. We have 2 2bs playing. Why? Womack is a total waste and another horrible Cashman signing. So now we have a light hitting Cano at 2b, an even lighter hitting Womack in the OF while Sierra sits on the bench.

3. Bernie...was done 2 years ago let's face it. Well past his prime.

4. Posada...on the decline and never was much defensively. Contract is up after 06 and serious consideration should be given towards trading him before he loses all value like Piazza has, esp if we find ourselves out of the running come July (as crazy as that seems, it is a real possibility).

5. Matsui...do not know wha is wrong with him. He will likely snap out of it soon.

6,. AROD...aka the 21st Century Mr. May. Great perfromer with a 5 run lead or against TB in May.

7. Brown...waste of food. Another Cashman blunder.

8. Wright...waste of food. Cashman's folly.

9. Stanton, Quantrill, and the rest of the bullpen not named Mo or Gordon...more folly. We have not had a solid MR core since Stanton/Nelson in 01.

10. RJ is pitching like Mussina. Wjich would not be so bad, but he is supposed to be a lot better than that.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to New York Yankees