More Fanball Trash... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

More Fanball Trash...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

More Fanball Trash...

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Sat May 28, 2005 3:09 am

About Wade Miller:

"This was easily Miller's worst start of the year, but he hasn't been very good in any start."

Wow. I guess a 3.18 ERA with 16 K's and 5 BB in 17 IP was no good? :-?

I agree, he had a horrid start. Just don't bash his previous three solid efforts.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Oat Soda » Sat May 28, 2005 4:21 am

Fanball: "Oat Soda is having a break-out year. His RBI, OBP and ratio of hot-girl-hookups-to-strikeouts are on pace with what we've expected. Still, he puts his shoes on the wrong way and rumor has it that he's yet to file his taxes, so be wary in mixed leagues."

I hate to bash anybody, but Fanball is lacking quite often.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrmarley » Sat May 28, 2005 10:05 am

just beating a dead horse, but i saw this come across last night, expected at least something regarding oswalt's injury, looks like someone didn't check out the game in much detail..silly fanball!

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Saturday, May 28, 2005

News
Astros pitcher Roy Oswalt held the Brewers to two hits, one earned run, and three walks while striking out three in six innings of work on Friday. He was still hit with his sixth loss of the season despite the solid effort.

Views
Oswalt has been his usual dominant self this season, with a 1.17 WHIP and 3.23 ERA, but yet, he has a mediocre 5-6 record. Be patient with him, because even with the inconsistent run support, the wins are bound to roll in sooner or later.
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Box » Sat May 28, 2005 10:47 am

Oat Soda wrote:Fanball: "Oat Soda is having a break-out year. His RBI, OBP and ratio of hot-girl-hookups-to-strikeouts are on pace with what we've expected. Still, he puts his shoes on the wrong way and rumor has it that he's yet to file his taxes, so be wary in mixed leagues."

I hate to bash anybody, but Fanball is lacking quite often.

Very solid effort.:-D
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hookem2003 » Sat May 28, 2005 8:23 pm

check out their little diddy about mike young today. i immediately offered my barmes for his young.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cordscords » Sat May 28, 2005 9:08 pm

May 27 Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny scattered six hits, two earned runs, and one walk while striking out four in 7 1/3 innings against the Giants on Thursday. Despite the solid effort, he did not factor into the game's decision.
Views: Penny continues to be very inconsistent this season, as he'll toss seven shutout inning one start and then get rocked for 12 hits and six earned runs in just over four innings in his next outing. One issue is for a strikeout pitcher like Penny, to post a strikeouts per nine innings rate that is over two K's less than the previous season should raise some red flags. In fact, his 4.81 rate is the lowest it's been during his five-year career. Penny is still a solid pitcher, but something is remarkably different about him this season and because of that, we don't suggest he play a crucial role on your fantasy team at this point.

Take away that first start off injury (at coors field mind you) and the start against STL (when has anybody had success against them recently?) and you wind up with some pretty good #'s from Penny. He is a valuable part in any rotation IMO.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Return to Baseball Leftovers