** The Official Prior Injury Thread ** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

** The Official Prior Injury Thread **

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sat May 28, 2005 3:08 am

Ya know what cracks me up about this painful thread ...

the Cubs fan bantering about like they actually had a chance this year? :-b :-b :-b

St Louie gets to put it on cruise control now, and its only May 28th. How sweet is that?

As for the Cubs 2005 ... It is time to dismantle?

A) This is first. And it is a must. Fire Dusty. The Press has stirred up such a frenzy, and the fans have drug this man thru the mud for so long, no way he stays. It is so bad now, that when he takes a pee, he is TRIPLE guessed.
Maybe you all can get Stoney to manage. Actually he is exactly what the Cubs deserve. ;-7

B) Trade Greg Maddux while you still can. I am sure he has a no trade clause, but he will waive it for the Angels, Dodgers or even the Padres. All three of which are in need pitching help, and are pennant contenders. I believe Greg is a free agent after this year anyways, so it makes trading this great pitcher for a second time, that much easier to swallow Cubbies.

C) Trade Hawkins. Both leagues are desperate for MR help right now, this should be a no brainer.

D) Trade Patterson for Sosa .... eeer ummm I mean Dunn. Or whom ever. Just get Corey out of this 'goat and pony show'.

E) Bring up Freddy. Ready or not, it doesn't matter we are rebuilding ;-D

F) Give Duboius the full time gig. Lets see what he can do playing next to Dunn.

F) Fire Dusty a second time. Seriousslly!. They could call him at home, say maybe a week or two later, Tell him 'he is a piece of chit for making Mark Prior run wind sprints back in 2004' and 'Destroying everybodys arms all the time'. And then they could proceed to fire him again, just so everybody can feel better about themselves. ;-D

Face facts Cubbies ...

2005 was not your year from the get go!

Now personally ... I would love to see Baltimore make the series vs the Padres this year. Just so Sammy can finally get to play in a World Series game. He at least deserves that. ;-7
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: yea prior nice real nice

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Sat May 28, 2005 8:18 am

cnote0783 wrote:;-D how bout it boys i just trade prior and pujois for ichiro, jd drew ,blaylock and el duqe. give the kid props

Wow you must be thankful for the injury then cuz that looks like a horrible trade.

Seems everytime I come on here I hear about another of my players hitting the DL - first Schilling, then Vidro, then Harden, then K-Rod, then Vlad, then OdPerez, then Bedard and now Prior. I'm going to need a big 2nd half!
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 28, 2005 8:32 am

wrveres wrote:Ya know what cracks me up about this painful thread ...

the Cubs fan bantering about like they actually had a chance this year? :-b :-b :-b

St Louie gets to put it on cruise control now, and its only May 28th. How sweet is that?

As for the Cubs 2005 ... It is time to dismantle?

A) This is first. And it is a must. Fire Dusty. The Press has stirred up such a frenzy, and the fans have drug this man thru the mud for so long, no way he stays. It is so bad now, that when he takes a pee, he is TRIPLE guessed.
Maybe you all can get Stoney to manage. Actually he is exactly what the Cubs deserve. ;-7

B) Trade Greg Maddux while you still can. I am sure he has a no trade clause, but he will waive it for the Angels, Dodgers or even the Padres. All three of which are in need pitching help, and are pennant contenders. I believe Greg is a free agent after this year anyways, so it makes trading this great pitcher for a second time, that much easier to swallow Cubbies.

C) Trade Hawkins. Both leagues are desperate for MR help right now, this should be a no brainer.

D) Trade Patterson for Sosa .... eeer ummm I mean Dunn. Or whom ever. Just get Corey out of this 'goat and pony show'.

E) Bring up Freddy. Ready or not, it doesn't matter we are rebuilding ;-D

F) Give Duboius the full time gig. Lets see what he can do playing next to Dunn.

F) Fire Dusty a second time. Seriousslly!. They could call him at home, say maybe a week or two later, Tell him 'he is a piece of chit for making Mark Prior run wind sprints back in 2004' and 'Destroying everybodys arms all the time'. And then they could proceed to fire him again, just so everybody can feel better about themselves. ;-D

Face facts Cubbies ...

2005 was not your year from the get go!

Now personally ... I would love to see Baltimore make the series vs the Padres this year. Just so Sammy can finally get to play in a World Series game. He at least deserves that. ;-7

Actually, the Cubs never traded Greg Maddux. They did not sign him when he became a free agent. And Yanks, why in the world would they sit Prior? Did they have psychic knowledge he was going to get a line drive off his elbow? He was perfectly healthy. Just another stupid post by Yanks04, I guess.
I don't expect Nomar to be back, he'll be a FA who can expect another 1 year deal. They will need more MR help. Maddux, will probably be gone. But I think thats about it for the Cubs. Injuries and crappy bullpen did them in again this year.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Sat May 28, 2005 10:01 am

When will the CUBS announce the MRI results?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat May 28, 2005 11:32 am

Watch for the Pirates to Trade K Wells and J Mesa to the Cubs in the next month or so
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat May 28, 2005 12:19 pm

go_jays_go wrote:When will the CUBS announce the MRI results?

I would expect them to announce it later today, who knows though.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby accohen » Sat May 28, 2005 1:02 pm

Out at least 2 months, if not the season per Rotoworld... :,-(
accohen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Vetterstrom » Sat May 28, 2005 1:23 pm

MLB.com is reporting that it isn't even a hairline fracture. They're now saying it's only a compression fracture. He could resume pitching in a month depending on how well he heals :-°
Vetterstrom
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat May 28, 2005 1:36 pm

This sucks, this sucks, this sucks. Not only are the Cubs cursed, but so is Prior and Wood :-t
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby ActionHero » Sat May 28, 2005 1:37 pm

Here's the link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/arti ... p&c_id=mlb

Prior has a sense of humor: ;-D

"I watched it over and over again," Prior said. "It was a good play by [Aramis Ramirez, who caught the ball after it hit Prior's elbow]. I got hit. Hitters get hit by pitches all the time. Obviously, the ball came back a little harder than I threw it. I was just fortunate to get an assist on it. It helps my fielding percentage."
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers