Apparently Arod found out that I am betting against him - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Apparently Arod found out that I am betting against him

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Apparently Arod found out that I am betting against him

Postby TB13 » Fri May 27, 2005 1:21 pm

Man has this guy been hot. Fortunately Miggy T is getting reved up again. It will be a great summer to watch these two. I'd have to say that they are the current front-runners for AL MVP. For me, it's the best of both worlds. When Arod does not do well, it's better for my bet. When he does well, it's good for the Yanks.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Fri May 27, 2005 1:23 pm

I think you're screwed on these bets :-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Fri May 27, 2005 1:25 pm

I caught so much crap in the preseason for saying that Arod will rebound to claim the #1 spot in the fantasy world. That he is worthy of a 1st overall pick over Beltran any day, any time. A lot of people were saying how he can't hit at Yankees Stadium and his skills have deteriorated and he isn't nearly as valuable as a third baseman, blah, blah, blah.

I fully expect him to hit 40+ and possibly even 50 at this point.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TB13 » Fri May 27, 2005 1:25 pm

blankman wrote:I think you're screwed on these bets :-)

We shall see. What's life without a few risks?
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Fri May 27, 2005 1:46 pm

Yoda wrote:I caught so much crap in the preseason for saying that Arod will rebound to claim the #1 spot in the fantasy world. That he is worthy of a 1st overall pick over Beltran any day, any time. A lot of people were saying how he can't hit at Yankees Stadium and his skills have deteriorated and he isn't nearly as valuable as a third baseman, blah, blah, blah.

I hear ya Yoda

I have a $100.00 bet with Jackal that Arod will hit over .295 ...

.. I also noticed he hasn't been posting around here too much. ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Yoda » Fri May 27, 2005 1:50 pm

wrveres wrote:
Yoda wrote:I caught so much crap in the preseason for saying that Arod will rebound to claim the #1 spot in the fantasy world. That he is worthy of a 1st overall pick over Beltran any day, any time. A lot of people were saying how he can't hit at Yankees Stadium and his skills have deteriorated and he isn't nearly as valuable as a third baseman, blah, blah, blah.

I hear ya Yoda

I got hammered by a number of people. I mean hammered for weeks for saying that Arod is worthy of a #1 pick.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AT » Fri May 27, 2005 1:56 pm

I've been defending ARod since the preseason saying the same things about how he should be a lock as the #1 pick, especially batting 5th in that offense. I made some preseason predictions for awards and have ARod winning AL MVP with Pujols 1st in the NL and Cabrera 2nd (What a pick). I'll just keep the rest of my current disasters to myself...

Ultimate Fleecing

After my draft I traded Aramis Ramirez and Jason Schmidt for ARod and Livan Hernandez. I'm in 2nd contending for 1st and my trading partner is buried in last. Silly Mets fan...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseballnewb » Sat May 28, 2005 12:33 am

A lot of people said Arod should be #1 (me included) and a lot of people said he shouldn't even be top 5 because he's slipped 2 years straight and no yankee right hander has hit 40 HR's blah blah blah. So far they are all looking pretty silly.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nuggets » Sat May 28, 2005 12:47 am

wrveres wrote:

I hear ya Yoda

Dang it, I knew I should have made LBJ put his $ where his mouth was...

Yoda wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
nuggets wrote:
klvrdude wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
Yoda wrote:Yeah he REALLY slowed down a lot in 04 all the way through the playoffs.

Last year was the first time he had an ERA under 3 in 6 years. It was also the first time he had a WHIP under 1.20 in 5. Don't expect him to repeat last years numbers.

Good point. I think his honeymoon period in Houston is over.

Uhhh I think YODA was being a little sarcastic. Does anyone remember how Clemens finished the season? I'll remind you:

Sept '04
6 GS, 4 W, 0 L, 42.0 IP (7IP average), 12 BB, 46 K, 2.57 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, .182 BAA

;-D ;-D ;-D Does it get any better than that? Oh and his home ERA, WHIP and BAA kills his away for the whole season. Even more evidence that he can succeed @ home?

No, more evidence that people who own him will have their jaws closer to the floor when he starts giving up gopher balls left right and center (but mostly left, with that short porch).

There's no reason other than coicnidence that he was that much better at home. He got his fat contract, and in his mind is in Del Boca Vista right now. Not something I'd invest in.

Obviously you haven't followed Clemens too closely. Every time people said he's washed up, he comes back and wins a CY. I would NEVER bet against Clemens b/c there is a good chance that I will lose.

Hating on Clemens AND A-Rod? Not going to get you very far in the fantasy world.

Shoot, these two could go down as the greatest baseball players of the era, if you consider them in the same exact era.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat May 28, 2005 12:51 am

wrveres wrote:

I hear ya Yoda

I made a $5 bet that he'll hit under .310. Of course, I'm in college, so $5 is a weeks worth of groceries. Or a 6-pack of PBR.

:-b
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers