Morneau is killing me - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Morneau is killing me

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:11 am

Area51's wrote:Traded Penny for Morneau 3 weeks; and really thought I was getting over on a starting pitching starved league-mate. ALthough Penny has pitched well; he's gotten no run support....yet he hasn't actually hurt his new team.......

Not giving up on Morneau, and can't afford to trade him for nothing now, but he sure has hurt my team...

That's funny, cause I just traded Morneau for Penny. My 1B/hitting is so deep it's not even funny, and Penny gives me a nice #3 on my pitching-starved staff...

;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:22 am

Morneau is having some mechanical issues off what I've seen. He's getting under everything and even when he makes decent contact it's a popup or fly ball.

Gardenhire is showing confidence that he'll come out of this by leaving him in the heart of the order, but I suspect a drop to the #7 hole might be coming. Either that or a few days off.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Laean » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:27 am

if i can get him for frank thomas, should i? we use walks and OPS in our h2h league. morneau's OPS was around .850 last year i believe as opposed to thomas' perennial 1.000, and morneau walks about half as much.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby strong » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:05 am

Laean wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:It's hard to know what to expect from Morneau this year because he's only about a week and a half past his 24th bday. When you have great young players you have to be patient and be willing to bench them when they go through inevitable slumps. Don't trade Morneau, but have someone who can fill in for him when he goes 12 games having a .150 AVG... This board sometimes gets a little too "what have you done for me lately." I know it's somewhat necessary to be agressive and utilize hot players, but stick with the studs.

well put. especially about this board sometimes getting too "what have you done for me lately."

Perhaps. But the point of this thread is that he has done nothing for me. Ever. There's no "lately" about it. Hopefully he'll turn it around and be the hitter everyone here seems to think he is...
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers