rumor: sweeney may go to angels - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

rumor: sweeney may go to angels

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Laean » Sat May 28, 2005 10:20 pm

Wozzyck wrote:
Laean wrote:they say erstad's defense saves a run as much as he would earn a run if he was a better slugger, i don't know if i agree with that but i'm just throwing it out there.


I realize you're only relaying the information, but that is absolutely preposterous. Who'd you hear that from? Tim McCarver?


local station game commentators. i think it was Hud.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djack909 » Sun May 29, 2005 1:09 am

I picked him up in two drafts tonite. About round 11. I think it would make sense to try to trade for him in my other leagues.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 712
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 31, 2005 1:55 pm

Similar to the Roger Clemens situation in Houston, the Royals are categorically denying that they will trade Mike Sweeney. This makes a boost in his production from moving to another team seem unlikely. "I've talked to ownership," GM Allard Baird said. "We're not looking to trade Mike Sweeney. We're looking to add a bat to add to Mike." It seems nonsensical to think that a team like the Royals wouldn’t trade its most marketable commodity during what is without question a lost season, but hey, they ARE the Royals for a reason...

If this paragraph turns out to be ultimately correct, then I want to go on the record as declaring both the Astros' and Royals' management as being unforgivably inept.

:-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue May 31, 2005 5:18 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Similar to the Roger Clemens situation in Houston, the Royals are categorically denying that they will trade Mike Sweeney. This makes a boost in his production from moving to another team seem unlikely. "I've talked to ownership," GM Allard Baird said. "We're not looking to trade Mike Sweeney. We're looking to add a bat to add to Mike." It seems nonsensical to think that a team like the Royals wouldn’t trade its most marketable commodity during what is without question a lost season, but hey, they ARE the Royals for a reason...

If this paragraph turns out to be ultimately correct, then I want to go on the record as declaring both the Astros' and Royals' management as being unforgivably inept.

:-t


I am sure you would being a Cardinals fan.....your teamis perfect @ everything......
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 510
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kansas City

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 31, 2005 5:21 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:I am sure you would being a Cardinals fan.....your teamis perfect @ everything......

Glad we can at least agree on one thing.

;-D :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby davidmarver » Tue May 31, 2005 5:53 pm

If Sweeney is dealt, which I don't think is Kansas City's best option, I think the team that should go after him the most is the Pittsburgh Pirates. I know it may not make sense to you, but in such a weak division, as Pittsburgh is, the addition of a hitter like Sweeney could be the difference in ten to fifteen games. Pittsburgh is so offensively challenged that McClendon had TIKE REDMAN in the 3-hole earlier in the season. Put Sweeney cleanup following Lawton, Wilson, and Bay and I think that's a nice top-of-the-lineup. I say this because I truly believe the Pirates can compete. Their pitching staff is solid and if Oliver Perez comes around, watch out. Their bullpen is very good as well (Mesa does do an adequete job). A deep pitching farm system means they have arms they can part with for Sweeney. I know this will probably never happen, but it'd be trade that would help out whatever team is receiving Sweeney the most.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue May 31, 2005 6:54 pm

A good idea, but with the Pirates likely to sell, not buy, unfortunately won't happen. Mesa and Lawton are almost sure to go from the rumors I've read.

I'd honestly like to see the Dodgers trade for him. They have a hole at 1st and some solid SP depth in prospects.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2095
Joined: 7 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Wozzyck » Tue May 31, 2005 7:07 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:A good idea, but with the Pirates likely to sell, not buy, unfortunately won't happen. Mesa and Lawton are almost sure to go from the rumors I've read.

I'd honestly like to see the Dodgers trade for him. They have a hole at 1st and some solid SP depth in prospects.


The Dodgers will need some help offensively, but I think they could better improve their team by upgrading at third or left field. The Choi/Saenz platoon at 1B has been very productive thus far.
Wozzyck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 468
Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, unioreimi and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 3
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(1:45 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(3:10 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact