I have to give props to Boston Redsox fans.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I have to give props to Boston Redsox fans..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Fri May 27, 2005 8:41 pm

True, stadiums everywhere are going to have their idiots. I'm not saying there wasn't any at my visit to Fenway. But I woulda been kinda upset had I not heard some real Braves bashing while in Fenway. In the 9th inning there when the Sox were trying to make a comeback, David Ortiz comes up to bat. The whole crowd around me is chanting " Let's go Papi" They must of said it about 6 times. At the end of which I shouted " Let's go Popup!" , playing off their little chant. The few sections around me just busted out laughing. Had a few tell me to sit down and shut up but, I think it's what makes the game so much fun. And I think it's what made so many come up to us and tell us good game and shake our hands. Passion for each team among fans is all apart of the experience. And Redsox fans passion for their team is why I enjoyed that game so much. Not to mention have you ever heard 35,000 people trying to sing Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond? Thats a treat in itself! :-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 27, 2005 9:16 pm

You should come watch a game in Toronto. We're so nice that if you sit next to us we'll cheer for your team just to be polite. :-D

I actually love Boston. In high school I went there for the model united nations. It was winter and some buddies and I snuck into Fenway through a service entrance (an electrician actually said we could go in). We ran the bases and threw snowballs in the bullpen. It was very cool until we were chased out by a groundskeeper with a baseball bat.

Games there are a lot of fun except for the tiny seats.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Transmogrifier » Sat May 28, 2005 12:00 am

donny23 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:
donny23 wrote:
TB13 wrote:As a Yankee fan, I have always had a great time at Fenway. I love seeing games there, Yankee hat and all. I was there for 2 WS games last year. Had a great time w/ Sox fans, they are soooo easy.... ;-)
Seriously, seeing a game at Fenway is one of the great experiences in baseball. Yankee Stadium, Fenway & Wrigley are 3 places that all baseball fans need to experience.

Ditto to that. I've had nothing but good experiences at Fenway as a yankee fan. I do wear my Yankee gear there, but I keep pretty quiet and cheer tamely. I find as long as you are not obnoxious, even in the Bronx also, you'll be treated fine within the rivalry. People who say otherwise, typically don't understand how obnoxious they truly are.

Donny, you're right on about that. I must say, though: I was at Game 7 of the 2003 and 2004 ALCSs, and there was good-natured ribbing.... but the opener this year was insane: Fights left and right, my girlfriend was even harrassed for just wearing the hat. It was very, very ugly. It was the only experience at Yankee Stadium where I thought fans went overboard.

To be honest, I was at game 6 and 7 both years and really didn't see any problems except at game 7 last year. Some bitter yankee fans were going overboard and trying to get any Sox fan kicked out so they couldn't see the Sox celebrate the ALCS victory on Yankee soil. I was pretty embarassed to be a yankee fan at that point. As down as I felt, I stayed until they end and even watched a bit of the celebration. I'm a yankee fan, but a baseball fan above all and this was a piece of baseball history I wasn't about to miss.

Game 7 this year was pretty fun. :-D I got beer dumped all over me, but plenty of Yankee fans shook my hand, and some even took a picture of my brother and I with the scoreboard behind us. There were plenty of classy fans.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers