I have to give props to Boston Redsox fans.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I have to give props to Boston Redsox fans..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri May 27, 2005 7:48 am

Nice to hear you had a blast; Fenway is truly a great experience!
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby TB13 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:29 am

As a Yankee fan, I have always had a great time at Fenway. I love seeing games there, Yankee hat and all. I was there for 2 WS games last year. Had a great time w/ Sox fans, they are soooo easy.... ;-)
Seriously, seeing a game at Fenway is one of the great experiences in baseball. Yankee Stadium, Fenway & Wrigley are 3 places that all baseball fans need to experience.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1197
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Xanadu

Postby donny23 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:40 am

TB13 wrote:As a Yankee fan, I have always had a great time at Fenway. I love seeing games there, Yankee hat and all. I was there for 2 WS games last year. Had a great time w/ Sox fans, they are soooo easy.... ;-)
Seriously, seeing a game at Fenway is one of the great experiences in baseball. Yankee Stadium, Fenway & Wrigley are 3 places that all baseball fans need to experience.


Ditto to that. I've had nothing but good experiences at Fenway as a yankee fan. I do wear my Yankee gear there, but I keep pretty quiet and cheer tamely. I find as long as you are not obnoxious, even in the Bronx also, you'll be treated fine within the rivalry. People who say otherwise, typically don't understand how obnoxious they truly are.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 587
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Fri May 27, 2005 9:51 am

I've been to Fenway as well, although the last time was like 3 years ago, and the fans have been pretty respectful. I've honestly never had the slightest problem with Boston fans until recently, maybe the last 2 years. Always some of the most knowledgeable and devoted fans but recently (last 2-3 years) most of them have gotten a little unrealistic and a bit naive about the value of some of their players (The value of their pitching staff this year, Keith Foulke's ability when he got there, Wade Miller have a good shot to win 15 games this year, Bill Mueller being a star, and Jason Varitek being a far and away better defensive catcher than Posada -it's close-) just to name a few.

Anyway, the bottom line is, if you guys were in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium you would've been serenaded with "Why are you gay, I think I saw you s*$%ing D _ _ _" during the YMCA song and other random obscenities only to stop if you tried to fight it at which point you would be pummeled or showered in Beer; Maybe some cracker jacks, and at least a dozen peanut shells.
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri May 27, 2005 9:52 am

donny23 wrote:
TB13 wrote:As a Yankee fan, I have always had a great time at Fenway. I love seeing games there, Yankee hat and all. I was there for 2 WS games last year. Had a great time w/ Sox fans, they are soooo easy.... ;-)
Seriously, seeing a game at Fenway is one of the great experiences in baseball. Yankee Stadium, Fenway & Wrigley are 3 places that all baseball fans need to experience.


Ditto to that. I've had nothing but good experiences at Fenway as a yankee fan. I do wear my Yankee gear there, but I keep pretty quiet and cheer tamely. I find as long as you are not obnoxious, even in the Bronx also, you'll be treated fine within the rivalry. People who say otherwise, typically don't understand how obnoxious they truly are.


Donny, you're right on about that. I must say, though: I was at Game 7 of the 2003 and 2004 ALCSs, and there was good-natured ribbing.... but the opener this year was insane: Fights left and right, my girlfriend was even harrassed for just wearing the hat. It was very, very ugly. It was the only experience at Yankee Stadium where I thought fans went overboard.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Fri May 27, 2005 10:08 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
donny23 wrote:
TB13 wrote:As a Yankee fan, I have always had a great time at Fenway. I love seeing games there, Yankee hat and all. I was there for 2 WS games last year. Had a great time w/ Sox fans, they are soooo easy.... ;-)
Seriously, seeing a game at Fenway is one of the great experiences in baseball. Yankee Stadium, Fenway & Wrigley are 3 places that all baseball fans need to experience.


Ditto to that. I've had nothing but good experiences at Fenway as a yankee fan. I do wear my Yankee gear there, but I keep pretty quiet and cheer tamely. I find as long as you are not obnoxious, even in the Bronx also, you'll be treated fine within the rivalry. People who say otherwise, typically don't understand how obnoxious they truly are.


Donny, you're right on about that. I must say, though: I was at Game 7 of the 2003 and 2004 ALCSs, and there was good-natured ribbing.... but the opener this year was insane: Fights left and right, my girlfriend was even harrassed for just wearing the hat. It was very, very ugly. It was the only experience at Yankee Stadium where I thought fans went overboard.


Yea, but it would have been even worse if those games 7's were in Boston. Could you imagine what would happen if there were Yankee fans around when we had the riots. It would have been a dark day in sports history. I think it just depends on which game you go to, and more importantly how much the people around you have had to drink.
Image

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1067
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston, MA - The City of Champions!!!

Postby nsulham » Fri May 27, 2005 10:16 am

Hate to go all Forrest Gump on you guys but it's like my momma told me: Treat people the way you would want to be treated.

If you disrespect people by insulting them and the like, then you deserve the same back.

It kinda all goes back to that Seinfeld joke: Why do we get so into cheering/booing anyway? After all, we're only cheering/booing the clothes and symbols they're wearing :-b
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby donny23 » Fri May 27, 2005 12:30 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
donny23 wrote:
TB13 wrote:As a Yankee fan, I have always had a great time at Fenway. I love seeing games there, Yankee hat and all. I was there for 2 WS games last year. Had a great time w/ Sox fans, they are soooo easy.... ;-)
Seriously, seeing a game at Fenway is one of the great experiences in baseball. Yankee Stadium, Fenway & Wrigley are 3 places that all baseball fans need to experience.


Ditto to that. I've had nothing but good experiences at Fenway as a yankee fan. I do wear my Yankee gear there, but I keep pretty quiet and cheer tamely. I find as long as you are not obnoxious, even in the Bronx also, you'll be treated fine within the rivalry. People who say otherwise, typically don't understand how obnoxious they truly are.


Donny, you're right on about that. I must say, though: I was at Game 7 of the 2003 and 2004 ALCSs, and there was good-natured ribbing.... but the opener this year was insane: Fights left and right, my girlfriend was even harrassed for just wearing the hat. It was very, very ugly. It was the only experience at Yankee Stadium where I thought fans went overboard.


To be honest, I was at game 6 and 7 both years and really didn't see any problems except at game 7 last year. Some bitter yankee fans were going overboard and trying to get any Sox fan kicked out so they couldn't see the Sox celebrate the ALCS victory on Yankee soil. I was pretty embarassed to be a yankee fan at that point. As down as I felt, I stayed until they end and even watched a bit of the celebration. I'm a yankee fan, but a baseball fan above all and this was a piece of baseball history I wasn't about to miss.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 587
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TB13 » Fri May 27, 2005 1:17 pm

I think there are more "good" fans than morons on both sides. While most of my experiences at Fenway were great, there were several occasions when some drunken morons just wanted to do brawl. Just like at game 7 of the ALCS last year. I've been to the last 2 ALCS game 7's and there are Yankee fans that are idiots to. Stupidty does not hide strictly in Fenway. Yankee Stadium has it's share of various toxicologists.
But for the most part, people acknowledge that it is a game and that both sides are passionate. I was sitting near a Sox fans and we were both yelling. No curses, just good-natured ribbing. At the end though, we just shook hands and said "Until next year".
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1197
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Xanadu

Postby AT » Fri May 27, 2005 2:36 pm

TB13 wrote:I think there are more "good" fans than morons on both sides. While most of my experiences at Fenway were great, there were several occasions when some drunken morons just wanted to do brawl. Just like at game 7 of the ALCS last year. I've been to the last 2 ALCS game 7's and there are Yankee fans that are idiots to. Stupidty does not hide strictly in Fenway. Yankee Stadium has it's share of various toxicologists.
But for the most part, people acknowledge that it is a game and that both sides are passionate. I was sitting near a Sox fans and we were both yelling. No curses, just good-natured ribbing. At the end though, we just shook hands and said "Until next year".


That's special :-P
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact