I have to give props to Boston Redsox fans.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I have to give props to Boston Redsox fans..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I have to give props to Boston Redsox fans..

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu May 26, 2005 11:43 pm

Being the Braves fan that I am and the fact that I've always wanted to see a game live in Fenway Park.. a buddy of mine and I went to see the Braves play Boston this past weekend. We had tickets to the Saturday game (Braves won btw 7-5 :-D ) The weather was awful but the game itself was more than I even imagined. Here in Atlanta so many fans are spoiled by the 13 years of winning that even the playoff games aren't sold out some times. It was rainy, cold and windy in Boston this past weekend and that game was sold out. And even when Boston was down 7-0 most of the fans stayed in that awful weather to cheer their Redsox down to the final out, AND cheered loudly I might add! Even though my friend and I were decked out in Braves garb, we were treated with respect by most everyone.. exception to the few that were drunk and mad by them losing but thats ok it was all in fun. After the game we had Redsox fans coming up to us shaking our hands, telling us "good game guys", and even had a guy buy our subway tokens for us to get back to the hotel. It was by far the best baseball game I've ever been to. Not since the early 90's when the Braves started all this winning had I heard fans so devoted. Makes me miss it here in Atlanta when you would see a sea of tomahawk chops and hear that chant. Anyway, I just wanted all to know if they haven't had the chance of seeing a game in Fenway, it's well worth the price and effort. I garauntee you'll have a great time. ;-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trot Nixon » Fri May 27, 2005 12:11 am

I was at that game too, cold as all hell but luckily my aunt's season tickets were under the covering so we didn't get rained on. The Sox are actually lucky they are playing away this week, it's been 45 degrees and had a 3 day long nor easter...well maybe not cause we just got swept! :-t I actually sat infront of 2 Braves fans and they were very nice and both were very knowledgeable but had funny accents haha ;-D . Well I'm glad you had a great time up here, it's always fun going to Fenway especially during a big game.
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Fri May 27, 2005 12:21 am

Sounds like a great time and makes me want to visit even more some day. Would a Met fan be treated just as nicely at Fenway? I'd hope so, we do share a common disgust over that team from the Bronx.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Fri May 27, 2005 12:25 am

Trot Nixon wrote:I was at that game too, cold as all hell but luckily my aunt's season tickets were under the covering so we didn't get rained on. The Sox are actually lucky they are playing away this week, it's been 45 degrees and had a 3 day long nor easter...well maybe not cause we just got swept! :-t I actually sat infront of 2 Braves fans and they were very nice and both were very knowledgeable but had funny accents haha ;-D . Well I'm glad you had a great time up here, it's always fun going to Fenway especially during a big game.

Yeah, you can keep the weather! I'll enjoy our 78 degree, sunny skies. :-D

We actually had really good seats.. out in the rain though. We were sitting in the section just before pesky pole 3 rows from the field. Actually, Trot Nixons catch in the stands for the 1st out of the game was about 10 feet to the left of us. When that happened I knew we were in for a treat.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri May 27, 2005 1:02 am

Guess you missed the rats in the Green monster tour...pity.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thehat » Fri May 27, 2005 1:42 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Guess you missed the rats in the Green monster tour...pity.

There are Yankee fans inside the Green Monster? Wow, I practically grew up at the Fens and had no idea. ;-7

And let's not get started on the Bronx, the world's largest roach motel.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Fri May 27, 2005 5:22 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Guess you missed the rats in the Green monster tour...pity.

I got there about 2hrs prior to game time to walk around and I thought for as old as that park is that it was in very good shape. And very clean. Although, the usher guarding the Monster seats had no heart. I mean all the way from Atlanta and he can't even let me take a peak from up there?? :-t I sure as hell wasnt gonna pay the $1100 a seat they wanted for em!
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby theclefe » Fri May 27, 2005 5:45 am

Mets fans are welcomed now. A year ago, it might have been a diffrent story.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri May 27, 2005 6:50 am

The kindness probably would have changed had you been decked out in Yankees gear. :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pacman » Fri May 27, 2005 7:25 am

Rirruto wrote:Sounds like a great time and makes me want to visit even more some day. Would a Met fan be treated just as nicely at Fenway? I'd hope so, we do share a common disgust over that team from the Bronx.

Mets caps are very common in and around Fenway. Remember, BC, BU and Northeastern are all right around Fenway and a ton of kids from NY/NJ, etc attend. So you always see plenty of NY garb. Mets fans are treated fine at Fenway.

Come up any time! ;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers