What must I do? (Will answer yours) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What must I do? (Will answer yours)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What must I do? (Will answer yours)

Postby rudeswings » Thu May 26, 2005 7:39 pm

I'm a little frustrated here. I feel like I have a great lineup, but I'm still in third place. I really have a hard time deciding who to play when; 'specially with my outfielders.

Honestly, I'd like to get a little more power in my lineup, and as far as my pitching staff goes, I really don't know what to think.

I put Crawford on the bench because he's been so icy at the bat lately. I know he had a great game last time out, but I'm not sure if that means anything yet. Plus I've got Helton and Barmes on the bench because they've been playing so many away games, and they just don't play that well away from Coors ('specially Barmes). However, I want to keep them on my team because the Rockies are headed towards 13 games at home and after that another 6 game stretch at home in June. Lastly, I benched Jim Emonds, simply because I wanted to give Brady Clark a look. Was that a stupid decision?

Just a note, trades come by REAL hard in my league. The other managers are veto happy freaks.

Any advice helps, please leave your links too . . . thanks

Stat Cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

VIVA LE PONCHOS roster (as of 5/26/05):
    C J. Posada (NYY)
    1B P. Konerko (CWS)
    2B B. Roberts (Bal)
    3B D. Wright (NYM)
    SS C. Figgins (LAA - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
    OF M. Bradley (LAD)
    OF C. Lee (Mil)
    OF B. Clark (Mil)
    Util A. Soriano (Tex)
    BN J. Edmonds (StL)
    BN T. Helton (Col)
    BN C. Crawford (TB)
    BN C. Barmes (Col - 2B,SS)
    DL V. Guerrero DL (LAA)

SP M. Buehrle (CWS)
    SP R. Oswalt (Hou)
    SP B. Ryan (Bal)
    RP J. Nathan (Min)
    RP J. Garland (CWS)
    P D. Willis (Fla)
    P E. Bedard (Bal)
    BN A. Burnett (Fla)
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Julio Franco » Thu May 26, 2005 10:57 pm

One suggestion Id say is to try and make a trade for another closer. If ive learned anything from playing fantasy baseball is that closers are the key to winning. If they do they're job they get you a S,low ERA,low WHIP, and the good ones even get you Ks all stat cats in most leagues.

Having both Konerko and Helton i would try and trade Konerko for a closer, I have him on my team but i dont think he is going to keep it up. But i would try and trade one of those for another closer/starter.

Bedard just went on the DL the day i picked him up unfortunately. Look for some sleeper FA starters to replace him or try and trade for an accomplished starter. You have the extra in your batters to make a strong pitching staff and still be able to win most batting stats.
Julio Franco
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rudeswings » Fri May 27, 2005 12:44 am

Julio Franco wrote:Bedard just went on the DL the day i picked him up unfortunately.

Same here, but the latest reports are saying that it's not that serious and he should only miss two or three starts. I think he's worth keeping. He's not even eligible for DL on Yahoo Fantasy.
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team