Inge Leadoff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Inge Leadoff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Inge Leadoff

Postby Darkie Satchels » Thu May 26, 2005 12:53 pm

Man, I didn't see this coming but he deserves the spot. The kid his insanely well and plays damn hard. Sad thing is, he's one of my most consistent hitters if that tells you anything about my current offense. :-o

Regardless, if for some insane reason he's on your wire, now is the time to pick him up. Plus he is option in 3 spots...

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Inge Leadoff

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu May 26, 2005 1:11 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:Regardless, if for some insane reason he's on your wire, now is the time to pick him up.

Yes, I think you would have to be technically in a mental asylum league for Inge to still be on the wire. The guy is a thug.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby logan » Thu May 26, 2005 1:13 pm

the only reason they moved him back there is because everyone else has failed. if nook had been half way decent lately he would still be there . trammel feels ,like infante, he is pushing to much to bet on base. who knows how long it will last but he is the best option there right now for them. least this is what ive heard. cornbread (or another tigers fan) would be better on the subject obviously
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Darkie Satchels » Thu May 26, 2005 1:15 pm

If Dimitri could run faster than a collapsable Carlos Zambrano, I'd like to see him in the top spot. I think he's highly underated although he seems to be dipping once again.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby logan » Thu May 26, 2005 1:21 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:If Dimitri could run faster than a collapsable Carlos Zambrano, I'd like to see him in the top spot. I think he's highly underated although he seems to be dipping once again.

yeah i looked at his splits earlier today trying to figure out what could be the problem . may has always been his best moth hitting avg wise. his homers are about the same no matter the month (avg in the 20's). it seems like the whole team may have caught the same thing the angels have lately.i have monroe and he was doing really well and has flallen hard lately as well. hopefully they get it turned around soon.

all i can say is that its been a really weird season so far and nothing is predictable now.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu May 26, 2005 1:27 pm

DY batting leadoff? 8-o

I guess I hadnt thought of that one yet, but whos to say it wont happen with the way Tram has been juggling the lineup. :-? :-b

Anyway - regarding Inge batting leadoff... Tram feels the need to shuffle his lineup A LOT. I can go back and give you my opinion on why in each game he did what he did with the lineup, but the point to take out of it is that no one is settled in any one spot.
Nook had been playing well above himself prior to the ARI series, and I assume Tram benched him and moved him to the 9 spot yesterday as a motivational move - trying to jumpstart him again. As long as Nook is hitting, Tram has been going with him batting leadoff followed by Inge in the 2 spot.

If its an overcast day Tram will use Inge as the #2 hitter, unless of course its a Tuesday or Thursday then he will obviously bat him 9th. On bankers holidays he'll bat 2nd unless its a LHP then he'll hit leadoff - especially when the grass has been freshly mowed.
:-b

The point is Inge is being moved around the lineup often - as are most of the Tigers.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu May 26, 2005 2:05 pm

I think that Inge will be hitting lead-off for the remainder of the season. He looks very comfortable there and has maintained a >.300 ave. It would take a sustained hitting tear by Logan or Infante to change that, and I don't see that happening. They both don't appear ready to take on major league pitching from the top of the order.

Of course, with Tram you can never tell. He seems to make moves to justify his worth...and they often do. :-t
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu May 26, 2005 7:58 pm

moochman wrote:I think that Inge will be hitting lead-off for the remainder of the season. He looks very comfortable there and has maintained a >.300 ave. It would take a sustained hitting tear by Logan or Infante to change that, and I don't see that happening. They both don't appear ready to take on major league pitching from the top of the order.

Of course, with Tram you can never tell. He seems to make moves to justify his worth...and they often do. :-t
Let's hope he sticks with my boy, Inge. I disagreed with throwing Logan into the leadoff spot, as I believe to stick with what works. I had been one of the first to always defend Trammell, but many things these days continue to be confusing, particularly his seemingly daily shuffling of the lineup.

The guy that needs to have some sort of move made is Carlos "Rally-Killer No Extra Base Hits In a Month Strikeout King" Pena.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers