Mid-season H2H team after nice WW pickup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Mid-season H2H team after nice WW pickup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mid-season H2H team after nice WW pickup

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 26, 2005 10:45 am

12 team yahoo H2H midseason league (season starts June 20)

C --empty--
1B D. Lee (ChC - 1B)
2B M. Giles (Atl - 2B)
3B M. Mora (Bal - 3B)
SS M. Young (Tex - SS)
OF C. Patterson (ChC - OF)
OF J. Burnitz (ChC - OF)
OF P. Feliz (SF - 1B,3B,SS,OF)
Util H. Blalock (Tex - 3B)
BN C. Utley (Phi - 1B,2B)
BN D. Roberts (SD - OF)
BN R. Freel (Cin - 2B,3B,OF)
BN F. ThomasDL (CWS - Util)

SP Jo. Santana (Min - SP)
SP J. Peavy (SD - SP)
RP M. Batista (Tor - SP,RP)
RP T. Walker (SF - RP)
P R. Wagner (Cin - RP)
P D. Cabrera (Bal - SP)
P A. Harang (Cin - SP)
BN B. Arroyo (Bos - SP)
BN W. Miller (Bos - SP)
DL B. LyonDL (Ari - RP)

My C was M. Barrett before I got a nice surprise the morning after the draft - someone had dropped M. Giles. I had 3rd waiver priority and snagged him which shuffled Utley to the bench.

Now I'm in the situation where I have no catcher (dropped Barrett) but I have 2 star 3b (Mora and Blalock), two very nice 2B (M. Giles and Utley) and a decent chance at having F. Thomas back and contributing at a high level before the season even starts.

That's the good news...the bad news is that I have no catcher and Lyon had some bad news today about possible lingering arm problems (while I'm sitting with M. Batista and T. Walker as my only other two closers). If they both were to keep their jobs all year I could get by just fine in a h2h league but that's not 100% either.

My first thought here would be to see what I can get for Utley at C. I was thinking to try snagging J. Lopez while he's hurt and Utley's hot. Am I selling too low on Utley though given that there are no guarantees the rest of the way that Javy will be his normal self. I definitely don't want to give up Blalock for any catcher...I should be able to get more for him especially if he heats up. The funny part is that I got Blalock late in the draft for someone of his ability and was planning on taking Lopez...glad Blalock was still there and I took him for value!

Anyone see any good areas other than those to improve the team? I'm thinking of dealing Blalock + Harang for a top tier SP once I'm sure F. Thomas is going to be able to play effectively and trying to deal Utley for a good to excellent C. Should I just run with Harang though and deal Blalock + one of my OF for a great OF (maybe try to buy low on Beltran)?
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garretterik » Thu May 26, 2005 1:47 pm

Unusual team. I think you have a team that could win it all. But you need to plug those holes of catcher and RP. Before you go looking for upgrades anywhere else you got to fix those positions. Punting Saves and being down a roster spot is not a winning strategy no matter how solid your team is. I think you got to trade Blalock and/or Utley. I would think that you should be able to get a solid catcher AND a solid RP for Blalock. This combo will depend on who has the biggest hole in your league at 3B and the most to offer you. If this doesn't work drop Wade Miller and pick up the best catcher available on the WW.
Also, I'm not a big fan of a Burnitz/Patterson OF. I would try to get rid of Patterson, but after the rest is taken care of.
Good luck
Help me
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=131647
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team