Please someone tell me if I am wrong! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please someone tell me if I am wrong!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mwb743s » Thu May 26, 2005 11:11 am

To be perfectly honest...I didnt know how to spell it and didnt want to look it up, but could not think of a better word to describe him!! :-D
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby Simulacrum » Thu May 26, 2005 11:15 am

You used the perfect word, my friend. ;-D

I can't help but recall the classic commercial now- Mommy, can I ask you a personal question? :-b

Now that I think about this a little more, I gotta agree with Big Musky's advice on this one. Post just a little note like "thought it was time to give the commish a taste of his own medicine" or something similar, rather than stepping it up and making it worse. He's the jerk, you should try to be the bigger man here.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby West » Thu May 26, 2005 11:17 am

It looks like you handled the situation perfectly fine, I would not post anything else and add fuel to the fire. Your commish sounds like a jerk, and most reasonable people who read his attacks will interpret the situation the same way.
I always worry that my trade offers lowball another manager, but I've found that people are reasonable so long as you don't consistently send them crappy offers. Beign a commish in one of my leagues, I also have to consider the fairness of my own trades when I put them through, which makes it just as tough. However, your own commish has gone way overboard. Good on ya for not letting the argument get personal (at least from your end).
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Re: Please someone tell me if I am wrong!

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu May 26, 2005 11:27 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Your commish sounds like a major league doosh to me too. :-D

me too.

also - I think it should be spelled that way - especially when used in that context.

As for finding competitive leagues - Im glad you found the Cafe too. Many Cafe'ers have found the best competition is all around us. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby .38 Special » Thu May 26, 2005 11:33 am

Would be my last year in this league......this guy has TOOL written all over him :-t
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LouisC9999 » Thu May 26, 2005 3:14 pm

In this type of situation, my best revenge is to kick ass in the league (hopefully, I have the team to do it).

Where are you and him in the standings?
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mwb743s » Thu May 26, 2005 3:28 pm

HAHA, we are actually 3 and 4 slot. In a points only league I have 4 more points than him!! This is actually the league that I had the least amount of interest in....until now!!
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu May 26, 2005 4:00 pm

I'm in a league with a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds, and we're more mature than this...

get over it.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Thu May 26, 2005 5:25 pm

mwb743s wrote:To be perfectly honest...I didnt know how to spell it and didnt want to look it up, but could not think of a better word to describe him!! :-D

You chose the right word. That guy is a douche. That said, I wouldn't make too much of an offensive statement on the board to him...he's the commish; he just seems stupid enough to freeze your team for something as fickle as that.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Thu May 26, 2005 5:25 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:I'm in a league with a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds, and we're more mature than this...

get over it.

From the guy with ding-dongs in his avatar...yeah, right?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers