Please someone tell me if I am wrong! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please someone tell me if I am wrong!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please someone tell me if I am wrong!

Postby mwb743s » Thu May 26, 2005 10:19 am

Okay, just need to know who is in the wrong here. The commisioner in my league is that snake that always offers deals that make no sense, but he thinks because he gives you 4 players for your 2 it makes them fair. Thats fine I can deal with that. Well last night he offers me this deal.

He gets:
Pujols
Sheets

I get:
Willis
Thome
H. Street

Now this trade offer is not as bad as usual but obviously favors him. Well I was sick of getting bad trade offers from him so I counter offered this trade.

He gets
Delucci
Bay
Crawford
Capuano
R. Wagner

I get
Vlad
Delgado
Willis
Street

Just kind of wanted to prove a point of the fact that although my guys are having good years, there is no way he would trade his top guy for guys who are playing over their head. Well I replied only to him...Well sure enough he posts on the message board on how he got the worst trade offer in history. Goes into detail of the trade and essentially calls me out. What an S.O.B. Am I in the wrong here? Or am I thinking right that this guy is a doosh? Let me know either way. If I am in the wrong I want to know.
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu May 26, 2005 10:22 am

I see nothing wrong with ridiculous counters to ridiculous initial offers. Worst thing that happens is he posts something on the message board about it, but I'm sure you're not the only one to get deals like that so your leaguemates will know who's in the wrong. Just my $.02. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu May 26, 2005 10:26 am

It's ridiculous of him to post it on the board, but as SOTD said, you can't be the only one getting ridiculous offers. Personally, I would let it lie but I don't see anything wrong with you putting something on the board telling your side of the story. I hate crap like this.
BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu May 26, 2005 10:27 am

IMO the trade you offered is more fair than the trade he offered. When I get a ridiculous offer I usually counter with one of my bench players for his best player and respond with "Stop wasting my time". Maybe you should just respond on the message board with the trade he offered you and just say "enough said".
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigMusky » Thu May 26, 2005 10:29 am

That is kind of funny. I would simply reply with something along the lines of "cant take a dose of your own medicine" and leave it at that. Dont get into defending or comparing the trade offers because that will make you both look dumb.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu May 26, 2005 10:33 am

BigMusky wrote:Dont get into defending or comparing the trade offers because that will make you both look dumb.

Agreed. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 26, 2005 10:33 am

nothing wrong with offering a dud trade to someone that offers u a dud trade.... if u want just mention on the board the trade he offered you first.... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mwb743s » Thu May 26, 2005 10:42 am

Thanks for the replies, I can stop worrying about looking like the a$$ now!! I just simply posted the original trade and stated that the counter offer was simply a taste of his own medicine. He replied that his trade was at least close(kind of admitted he was wrong IMO) and went on to explain why it was not a bad trade and ended with, "but willis is going to have a career year in case you havent watched any games a$$hole"

So I just replied, " I am glad that a game just turned personal. I am done."

This guy is a hoot! I thought a league of 25 year olds would be a little more mature. 2nd year with this league and also my last. Another reason I am glad I joined this board when I did, I get better leagues and managers out of the ads in classifieds.
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:52 am

Trade offers are supposed to be private though there is no rule as such. It is just common etiquette. If the Commish esp. is posting this type of nonsense it is time to find a new league.

Bad trade offers are common place and not worth even discussing in a league let alone wasting your time with. Hit the decline/reject button. I do not even bother to counter. In fact, once an owner gets the rep as being unreasonable, I really do not bother even analyzing a proposal from that owner...quick glance and reject. Plenty of owners that want something for nothing.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Please someone tell me if I am wrong!

Postby Simulacrum » Thu May 26, 2005 11:03 am

mwb743s wrote:this guy is a doosh?

LMAO :-D

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you... I've just never seen douche spelled like that before, it's hilarious.

Your commish is a jerk. If he wants to make this a public issue and try to humiliate you, defend yourself and save some face! Post another message saying you only made the offer to give him a taste of his own medicine. Post his crummy trade offers publicly as payback.

Your commish sounds like a major league doosh to me too. :-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers