where's the hermanson love? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

where's the hermanson love?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

where's the hermanson love?

Postby pmacxx2 » Thu May 26, 2005 2:30 am

0.00 era, 21 inn, 0.89 whip, .179 batting average against. Not to mention he's closing for the best team in baseball. He's got a great chance to end up with around 35 saves and good ratios.

Show the love for the worst facial hair in baseball.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu May 26, 2005 2:32 am

Yeah he's been great. He gets no love cuz Im peeved he aint on any of my teams. ;-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby davidmarver » Thu May 26, 2005 2:56 am

I have him on two teams and am loving it, but he was a little sketchy tonight. I was at the game and both to Molina and Pride it appeared like the ball was gone, but fell just short. I'd have a short leash on him as a fantasy owner, especially with Marte in Chicago and Guillen's crush on Takatsu.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: where's the hermanson love?

Postby LouisC9999 » Thu May 26, 2005 8:44 am

pmacxx2 wrote:0.00 era, 21 inn, 0.89 whip, .179 batting average against. Not to mention he's closing for the best team in baseball. He's got a great chance to end up with around 35 saves and good ratios.

Show the love for the worst facial hair in baseball.

Don't forget the SP, RP position eligibility ;-D ;-D ;-D
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dkakridas » Thu May 26, 2005 8:53 am

Hermanson has been huge for me this year! (I drafted him)

When it comes to Hermanson, now is not a bad time to sell high. If you got him, see if you can pry a big name bat or starter out of someone before that inevitable meltdown. He might still be good for 10 or so saves but I would be very very suprised if he continued to dominate hitters like he is.

One thing going for him though is that Guillen knows how to use him properly. He still brings in Marte for save opps when there are lefties coming up to bat and that's helped Herm's numbers. Most managers are too stubborn to employ such a stratagy. I think much of Herm's success is owed to smart bullpen management. Kudo's to Guillen.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 26, 2005 9:01 am

The guy has been awesome, no doubt but I keep waiting for the old Hermanson to show up.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby dkakridas » Thu May 26, 2005 9:18 am

Without a doubt there will be games when he gives up a walkoff or 3 ER in .2 innings, etc.. One can't expect a pitcher- any pitcher- to be perfect. When it comes to Hermy, you just smile and take those numbers to the bank. At some point, you just gotta sell high before his value takes the inevitable hit.

That's how you succeed in fantasy baseball, selling high on players like Hermanson when you can.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pmacxx2 » Thu May 26, 2005 12:13 pm

dkakridas wrote:Without a doubt there will be games when he gives up a walkoff or 3 ER in .2 innings, etc.. One can't expect a pitcher- any pitcher- to be perfect. When it comes to Hermy, you just smile and take those numbers to the bank. At some point, you just gotta sell high before his value takes the inevitable hit.

That's how you succeed in fantasy baseball, selling high on players like Hermanson when you can.

true. I can't imagine his value getting any higher. But I'm definitely enjoying the ride right now. The only reason I can see for holding onto him is the belief he's not going to relinquish the closer's role. Like mentioned earlier, he's got a decent lefty in Marte protecting him from lefty sticks and a manager who's not overusing him.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby victordestructo » Thu May 26, 2005 1:03 pm

If you saw the line last night, he got two fly ball outs on his 0.2 IP. The thing was, if you actually watched the game, these were huge warning track shots to center field, from such known studs as Y. Molina and Curtis Pride. His last two outings before this his WHIP was over 2.00, but he worked out of it both times. As a Hermanson owner, I'm enjoying the ride but it's bound to go downhill...
"I feel like I am pregnant with all these ideas. I am just trying to give birth to them."
-Miguel Batista describing his writing career
victordestructo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dkakridas » Thu May 26, 2005 1:05 pm

almost....only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades...

The Yankees almost won the AL championship last year too :-)
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers