Brewers Bandwagon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brewers Bandwagon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cobra_Kai » Thu May 26, 2005 8:45 am

I'm with you guys....I'm a lifelong New Englander and Sox fan since birth (my very first baseball game was 1987, Fenway park...Roger Clemens on the mound...I was 6 years old). Last year I had the fortune of living in Madison, WI for about 8 months and went to quite a few Brewers games in Milwaukee....couldn't resist the cheap, easy tickets.

I always had a blast...the team was fun to watch, I got to see Sheets pitch some gems, the stadium was great, and it was a real change to be able to find tickets easy and affordable (serious change from Boston the last few years).

Anyways, the Sox are for life, but I consider the Brewers my baseball mistress.

Oh, and Brady Clark has been dominating all year. Now if only he could start running again (and not get caught!) he'd be an absolute stud.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby packslu1 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:17 am

Gidde Up! Let's get this wagon ROLLING!!
packslu1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby West » Thu May 26, 2005 10:46 am

I'm a lifelong Sox fan as well, but it sure will be fun to watch the Brewers this year, especially once Sheets comes back, they will have a solid, albeit unheralded rotation. Been waiting for Brady Clark to have a season like this for awhile as well.
Anyone from Wisconsin actually like Milwaukee's Best? I drank a ton of that stuff this year in college, cause it's so cheap.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby PBRmeASAP » Thu May 26, 2005 1:09 pm

It's nice to see all the Brewer love. Now that Selig is out of the picture it becomes a lot easier for people to jump on the Brewer bandwagon.

I am thrilled with the direction of this ballclub. I also think Milwaukee is dying for a winner and attendance will continue to climb with the team. Milwaukee put over 2 million butts in the seats for a team that has had 12 straight losing seasons and hasn't made the post season in 23 years. Imagine if we had a winner! 8-o
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 26, 2005 1:15 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Anyway, with an owner willing to spend money, a GM who continues to find gems where others see sheet rock, an elite pitching coach, a legitimate ace, and a top 3 farm system, I feel that the Brewers are going to get their shot soon. Maybe 2007-2008ish? Then, it comes down to how well they can continue to have success. Honestly, I think once we start winning, the fans will fill The Keg. Milwaukee's dying for a winner. Even last year we only had the 10th worst attendance or so, better than some much more successful teams.

Growing up, all I would ask for is a 50/50 shot to win the game. I just wanted to have a decent shot of seeing them win, no matter who they were playing. I think that they are proving that they can do that now. That is incredibly exciting for us Brewer fans. I love that an non-wi guy started this thread too.

I don't think attendance is a big problem. If I remember correctly when the brewers were hot at the start of last season they had some very good attendance numbers. The second half just killed them though. With the payroll at 40 mil they can compete this year and it seems like they have an owner who is willing to increase payroll maybe to 50 or so. That is a very competitive number for such a small team with great prospects. It will be fun to be a Brewer fan for the next 4 years, so get on the bandwagon now and tell your friends you were one of the first.

There isn't a better place to tailgate at a game in the midwest than Miller Park. Bring your grill, fire up some brats, and kick back a few brews. Trade your neighbor for hot dogs or burgers and share stories about Robin Yount or whoever. Heaven on earth.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BigMusky » Thu May 26, 2005 2:26 pm

Right now the owner has the perfect situation...a low payroll and a team generating excitement to get fans to come to the stadium. Unless he bumps up that payroll though, the Brewers will never win the division. Their recent attendance is also inflated due to the new stadium. I could easily see this team in the dumps in the next four year or in a pretty good shape....depends on how bad this owners wants to win.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers