Brewers Bandwagon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brewers Bandwagon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brewers Bandwagon

Postby Yoda » Wed May 25, 2005 5:10 pm

Since they traded Sexson for Overbay and co., I've been a pretty big supporter of the Brewers. I drafted Sheets in my keeper league last season. Kept Sheets and also added Carlos Lee and Brady Clark.

Trading Kolb and Podsednik for Carlos Lee, Vizcaino were also huge upgrades. Seems like Maddux is working his magic with the rest of the pitching staff. Today's win puts them at .500 and hopefully Sheets comes back on Saturday to dominate. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chuckles » Wed May 25, 2005 5:37 pm

Boy, I hope Sheets dominates....he's been on my DL for what seems like forever!!! I can't wait, and with that bolstered offense, it can only bode well for Sheets! ;-D
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby theskaboss » Wed May 25, 2005 5:39 pm

Ive pretty much been a fan since 2002, and they really are much better than they get credit for. Maddux is an amazing pitching coach, while their offense is pretty strong too. As much as I loved Scotty Po., Lee is the man ;-D
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed May 25, 2005 6:06 pm

Ive been a cubs fan all my life and would never have thought i could say im a fan of any other team in the NL central, but i really like the brewers. I like them last year and its even better this year with the addition of Lee. Its alot of fun watching the team and hearing steve stoner do the broadcasts.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby stumpak » Wed May 25, 2005 6:25 pm

They have done an amazing job, and the best may still be to come with that farm system. The trades with Arizona and the Sox were robberies. They would be a real fun team to follow right now.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hunter19 » Wed May 25, 2005 6:41 pm

Don't foget the robbery of the Braves for Kolb...We all knew kolb was done for and had no problems dealing him to the Braves...Im loving it...
hunter19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehat » Wed May 25, 2005 6:57 pm

I'm a Red Sox lifer and that's not about to change. But I really enjoyed watching this Milwaukee team scratch and claw for a good portion of last season before wearing down. I imagine this could happen again, but I thought Yost did as good a managing job as anyone in '04, and he's proving it was no fluke in '05.

And they have some nice talent at the next level that's not that far away. Let's just hope the new owners maintain the commitment and that this becomes a viable contending franchise.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TB13 » Wed May 25, 2005 7:24 pm

The key to that lineup is Clark. The kid is an on-base machine and does not strike out.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby logan » Wed May 25, 2005 9:48 pm

theskaboss wrote:Lee is the man ;-D

we know :~(

anyways i to find myself watching alot of their games on sportsline. im not sure if its because i like them ori have some of their players or the fact that id like to see carlos do well. whatever it is they look like a good team that could be really dangerouns in a year or two more.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Scooter1027 » Thu May 26, 2005 12:38 am

Yeah, I'm sure most here who have ever read one of my posts know how I feel about the Brew. I'm really enjoying their season thus far. They've had big ups and big downs, but for the first time in a decade I feel like they have a chance going into each game. We're not trotting guys like Ruben Quevedo, Paul Rigdon, Jamey Wright, etc out to pitch every day. I only wish the previous regime, prior to Melvin and Co., hadn't made so many bad trades and bad draft picks. They gave away guys like Ronnie Belliard and Mark Loretta for absolutely nothing. I cringed so badly last year when they both were in the all star game.

Anyway, with an owner willing to spend money, a GM who continues to find gems where others see sheet rock, an elite pitching coach, a legitimate ace, and a top 3 farm system, I feel that the Brewers are going to get their shot soon. Maybe 2007-2008ish? Then, it comes down to how well they can continue to have success. Honestly, I think once we start winning, the fans will fill The Keg. Milwaukee's dying for a winner. Even last year we only had the 10th worst attendance or so, better than some much more successful teams.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers