Here it is, my sad little team. Let's swap advice. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Here it is, my sad little team. Let's swap advice.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Here it is, my sad little team. Let's swap advice.

Postby Simulacrum » Wed May 25, 2005 1:13 pm

Thanks for stopping by. It's a 9 team rotisserie style format. Points awarded for HR, RBI, Runs, AVG, Steals, Saves, ERA, K's, Wins, WHIP.

I am currently getting busted in the saves, average, and steals categories. Leading by quite a bit in the HR, RBI, and Run cats. I'm running 5 closers at the moment to pump up my save totals (not working) and attempt to lower my era and whip (also not working). I can hold out hope for the rest of the cats to improve on their own, but not steals. I only have Rollins and Beltran for steals and neither's cutting the mustard for me. My team-

c- Pierzynski (lost J. Lopez yesterday :~()
1- Pujols
2- Biggio
3- A. Rodriguez
ss- Rollins
OF- Dunn, C. Floyd, Vernon Wells
Util- Beltre
Bench- Beltran

DL- Bonds

SP- Zambrano, Halladay, Clement, Morris, Garland, Bedard

RP- Lyon, Lidge, Hermanson, Turnbow, Street

The steal guys I have gone after and can't get are- Podsednik, Abreu, Pierre, Roberts, B. Roberts, Suzuki, Reyes, Crawford. I want to pick up R. Freel from the ww but I have no clue who I would drop to accomplish it. I like Freel because now he's a full timer who runs, he's a leadoff guy, and he's got 2b, 3b, and OF eligibility. Trading in my league is almost impossible. Only 3 trades have occurred this season, I've been involved with all three. Trading for some steals ain't going to be easy.

So here's my main questions-

Would you drop anyone for Freel? If so, who?

Is Figgins still a good bet this season? What kind of offer should I make? I'd prefer to trade a closer because I can easily ww another of those.

Leave a link, I'll respond to everyone who posts. Twice!!

;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garretterik » Wed May 25, 2005 3:16 pm

If you can get Figgins for Street or even Turnbow do it. He is very streaky, but will give you about 40 steals. Also, you might try trading him for VWells. Vernon has been hurting you in the AVG and could help the other guy in HR. If it came to dumping for Freel I would drop Street.
Help me:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 636#976636
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team