Psychotic A-Rod? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Psychotic A-Rod?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Psychotic A-Rod?

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 25, 2005 1:02 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Alex Rodriguez - 3B - NYY

Alex Rodriguez told the television show ''Extra'' that he is undergoing therapy with multiple therapists to deal with his personal demons.

Rodriguez characterized the therapy sessions as more ''maintenance'' than anything else. Rodriguez currently leads the majors with 16 homeruns and 46 RBI. May. 25 - 12:35 pm et

Apparently playing for the Yankees really does screw with your mind. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Psychotic A-Rod?

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 25, 2005 1:08 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:Alex Rodriguez - 3B - NYY

Alex Rodriguez told the television show ''Extra'' that he is undergoing therapy with multiple therapists to deal with his personal demons.

Rodriguez characterized the therapy sessions as more ''maintenance'' than anything else. Rodriguez currently leads the majors with 16 homeruns and 46 RBI. May. 25 - 12:35 pm et

Apparently playing for the Yankees really does screw with your mind. :-o

Living in NY screw's with you mind!!

Anyways it doesn't look like its hurtin...he's smashing the ball!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Psychotic A-Rod?

Postby Rirruto » Wed May 25, 2005 1:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:Living in NY screw's with you mind!!

That's what I was about to say. He's got an insane amount of pressure on him playing here.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mkultra » Wed May 25, 2005 1:27 pm

Yeah, he's got the general pressure of being the highest-paid (by far) player in the game, and all the scrutiny and expectations that come along with that. Then, factor in the New York press and fans, which can be brutal in their treatment of players (I'm lookin' at you, Vaz). I'm not at all surprised by this. In fact, I'd be floored if he weren't in therapy.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Madison » Wed May 25, 2005 3:04 pm

mkultra wrote:Yeah, he's got the general pressure of being the highest-paid (by far) player in the game, and all the scrutiny and expectations that come along with that. Then, factor in the New York press and fans, which can be brutal in their treatment of players (I'm lookin' at you, Vaz). I'm not at all surprised by this. In fact, I'd be floored if he weren't in therapy.

Don't forget Weaver. :-b

Looks like the shrink is paying off though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 4Pack » Wed May 25, 2005 3:13 pm

mkultra wrote:Yeah, he's got the general pressure of being the highest-paid (by far) player in the game, and all the scrutiny and expectations that come along with that. Then, factor in the New York press and fans, which can be brutal in their treatment of players (I'm lookin' at you, Vaz). I'm not at all surprised by this. In fact, I'd be floored if he weren't in therapy.

Yeah....I can only wish I had that kind of pressure. I might have a breakdown not knowing if my next $5,000,000 check was deposited in my account on time. For that kind of money...I think I could deal with the expectations placed upon me. If I don't meet the New York expectations...too fricken bad...just make sure my money is in the account. Arod is no different than 90% of the pro athletes. The money is all that matters.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Simulacrum » Wed May 25, 2005 3:26 pm

Maybe the insanity is what makes him so good :-?

Perhaps the voices tell him to hit home runs?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby jayman » Wed May 25, 2005 3:38 pm

I'm very bitter with AROD. The year I have him he has psychological issues and under performs. $250,000,000? Get your act together.

Can you imagine a million dollar brain surgeron having a bad year?

(no, he had a great year, just not one of those monster AROD years which is what i expeced picking him #1).
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Wed May 25, 2005 3:46 pm

4Pack wrote:

Yeah....I can only wish I had that kind of pressure. I might have a breakdown not knowing if my next $5,000,000 check was deposited in my account on time. For that kind of money...I think I could deal with the expectations placed upon me. If I don't meet the New York expectations...too fricken bad...just make sure my money is in the account. Arod is no different than 90% of the pro athletes. The money is all that matters.

I disagree entirely. You don't think Alex cares about how he plays? Don't you think he goes through those incredibly intense offseason workouts for a reason? By your logic, since he has his contract, why does he spend any time working on his swing, in the field, getting stronger, etc? You don't think he's out to prove that he's worth all that money? You're such a joke if you believe money is all that matters.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed May 25, 2005 3:48 pm

Real men don't go to therapy.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers