Harden's Recovery Progressing Well - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harden's Recovery Progressing Well

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden's Recovery Progressing Well

Postby d18Mike » Wed May 25, 2005 7:46 am

St. Petersburg, Fla. -- Oakland's crowded medical report contained a bit of brightness Tuesday. For the first time since leaving a game May 13 with a strained oblique muscle, starter Rich Harden played light catch, putting him ahead of Tim Hudson's recovery rate with a similar injury that kept Hudson out for six weeks last season.

"Rich is throwing a lot earlier than Huddy did,'' trainer Larry Davis said. "It took Huddy a lot longer to get pain-free. And anytime you add new activity, that's a good sign.''

"I heal quickly, I guess,'' Harden said with a smile.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed May 25, 2005 7:52 am

I hope he isn't just trying to rush back at 85%. I would rather him take that extra week out to recover entirely. :-o
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Harden's Recovery Progressing Well

Postby Box » Wed May 25, 2005 8:46 am

d18Mike wrote:St. Petersburg, Fla. -- Oakland's crowded medical report contained a bit of brightness Tuesday. For the first time since leaving a game May 13 with a strained oblique muscle, starter Rich Harden played light catch, putting him ahead of Tim Hudson's recovery rate with a similar injury that kept Hudson out for six weeks last season.

"Rich is throwing a lot earlier than Huddy did,'' trainer Larry Davis said. "It took Huddy a lot longer to get pain-free. And anytime you add new activity, that's a good sign.''

"I heal quickly, I guess,'' Harden said with a smile.

This is fan-freakin-tastic news. Just when everyone is starting to heal up, I lose Javy. Why oh why fantasy Jeebus? :-o
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkultra » Wed May 25, 2005 11:13 am

Sweet! Thanks for the update! ;-D
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Return to Baseball Leftovers