Billy Wagner... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Wagner...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billy Wagner...

Postby Shock6822 » Wed May 25, 2005 5:22 am

Anyone hae any clue what's going on with him? He's given up at least 1 er in each of his past 5 or 6 appearances.... :-t
Shock6822
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed May 25, 2005 8:37 am

The gun showed 98 on the HR last night. Every player goes through slumps during a season. As he still has velocity, it doesn't look like injury, so my guess is that he's in a little slump right now.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby AT » Wed May 25, 2005 9:29 am

Anytime you have a pitcher who throws mainly hard and straight you are going to get a few rough stretches where he just misses his location. Maybe he's trying to get traded to the Yanks ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cooner » Wed May 25, 2005 9:45 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Anytime you have a pitcher who throws mainly hard and straight you are going to get a few rough stretches where he just misses his location. Maybe he's trying to get traded to the Yanks ;-D

that's funny. To do what? He'd fit into the "Designated Red Sox Closer" niche nicely...
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby catch22 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:56 am

Cooner wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:Anytime you have a pitcher who throws mainly hard and straight you are going to get a few rough stretches where he just misses his location. Maybe he's trying to get traded to the Yanks ;-D

that's funny. To do what? He'd fit into the "Designated Red Sox Closer" niche nicely...

Thats exactly what I was thinking.....I think he's off and it has more to do with than just a slump. When Houston traded him the town went nuts, but they knew some things we didnt.
catch22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed May 25, 2005 12:04 pm

catch22 wrote:
Cooner wrote:

Thats exactly what I was thinking.....I think he's off and it has more to do with than just a slump. When Houston traded him the town went nuts, but they knew some things we didnt.

Yes, like they didn't want to pay a closer $9M when they had Dotel and Lidge sitting ready and able to take over the closer job at a significantly reduced price - and to get some players in return rather than have him leave as a FA after this season.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby swyck » Wed May 25, 2005 6:50 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:The gun showed 98 on the HR last night. Every player goes through slumps during a season. As he still has velocity, it doesn't look like injury, so my guess is that he's in a little slump right now.

They said he hit 101 on a previous pitch which is some mighty heat.

I was worried that he was only throwing fast balls inside the whole 9th. No breaking balls, no moving in and out, high or low. Lieberthal was setting up inside each time so I guess thats where they wanted it. Managed to get two outs with them before he hung the HR ball over the plate. I read later that he's given up on the slider for the time being. Not sure I like the sound of that. At least move the ball around. :-o
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Baseball Leftovers