Real life possible Brewers trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Real life possible Brewers trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 25, 2005 1:28 pm

BigMusky wrote:The biggest mistake the Brewers could make would be trade their minor league studs to try and make a run for the playoffs now.

I agree with you, except I think you're missing the point of this debate. There are some who think that Overbay is the long term answer at first base. Therefore, if Prince brings a significantly bigger return than Lyle in trade, would it be better to do that and keep Lyle, or trade Lyle for less and have Prince. I have no interest in moving Prince myself, but right now it's looking hard to deal Overbay too. He's become a huge fan favorite.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Wed May 25, 2005 1:48 pm

Do you listen to sports radio 1250? He doesnt sound like much of a fan favorite on there B-)
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Danimal » Wed May 25, 2005 1:52 pm

What's not to like about Overbay? He's one of the current players fans can latch onto and appreciated.
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Scooter1027 » Thu May 26, 2005 12:43 am

BigMusky wrote:Do you listen to sports radio 1250? He doesnt sound like much of a fan favorite on there B-)

I don't listen to sports radio, it's all garbage. Just come to a game at the Keg sometime. Everytime he's up the stadium fills with the "Oooooooo" chant. Overbay himself has admitted he doesn't know how to handle the sudden local fame and popularity. He said he's very "humbled" by it.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby packslu1 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:33 am

I think the point is the Brewers now have some depth to deal. Be it Fielder, Overbay, Spivey, Krynzel, etc. Things are looking good for the future of this ballclub. I really think they need a #1 or #2 SP and probably a little more bully help. My big position to upgrade for this team is Catcher. Moeller is totally useless and Miller is average and works well with the pitchers, but we need some more power from this position. If we can get a top notch starter and keep Big Ben at #1 and stick in the new guy at 2 and then have Cap, V. Santos and D. Davis (even though I can see Obermueller in this spot in a few years) that is a solid rotation. Get a couple of lefty's in the bully and have Turnbow keep developing into a big time stopper, the bully will be pretty solid. Our batting lineup will develop over time, but with a solid lead off guy and a top notch clean up guy, it's off to a good start. Finally, 3B is going to be a concern in the near future. Cirrilo is fine right now, but this will probably be his last year and Branyon cannot be relied on (a poor man's Rob Deer...if you old timers go back in time). Just my two cents, but like I said, this team is going up and it seems they are pulling in some fans from all over, based on their play and players.
GO BREW CREW!! ;-D
packslu1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers