Roberts HBP and injured - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roberts HBP and injured

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue May 24, 2005 10:56 pm

See? I knew he sold his soul...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

response

Postby bruuno2 » Tue May 24, 2005 11:19 pm

I hope that little bastard broke his kneecap }:-) Because of him, alot of undeserving teams are wining my leagues :-P :-P He has no right to be better than M Giles. }:-)
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby reznorsboy » Tue May 24, 2005 11:26 pm

Yeah Hollandsworth missed the entire rest of the season after fouling one off his shin :-o
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayman » Wed May 25, 2005 12:23 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:King, remember Todd Hollandsworth last year? Broke his kneecap and suffered nerve damage. Did he walk off the field?

Yes. He walked off. It looked like it hurt like hell but it doesn't look like it will keep him out for long if at all.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: response

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 25, 2005 12:26 am

bruuno2 wrote:I hope that little bastard broke his kneecap }:-) Because of him, alot of undeserving teams are wining my leagues :-P :-P He has no right to be better than M Giles. }:-)

LOL, as long as you're kidding like I think you are, that is hilarious. And I wouldn't mind seeing him slow down as well. O:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby noseeum » Wed May 25, 2005 12:43 am

slomo007 wrote:
bruuno2 wrote:I hope that little bastard broke his kneecap }:-) Because of him, alot of undeserving teams are wining my leagues :-P :-P He has no right to be better than M Giles. }:-)

LOL, as long as you're kidding like I think you are, that is hilarious. And I wouldn't mind seeing him slow down as well. O:-)

I'm glad he was so hot because everyone that owned him was sitting pretty and was not objectively evaluating their teams. Those early season hot guys really make it tough to take a hard look at your team.

The rest of us sitting here with struggling Beltres, Beltrans, Ramirez's, etc. all have been spending a month evaluating our weaknesses and trolling the wire. Those guys getting sick points from Roberts for 6 weeks could not see their teams blemishes. In my head to head league, the Roberts owner was killing the rest of us and boasting left and right. He's now lost three straight.

Nice.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed May 25, 2005 1:07 am

noseeum wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

I'm glad he was so hot because everyone that owned him was sitting pretty and was not objectively evaluating their teams. Those early season hot guys really make it tough to take a hard look at your team.

The rest of us sitting here with struggling Beltres, Beltrans, Ramirez's, etc. all have been spending a month evaluating our weaknesses and trolling the wire. Those guys getting sick points from Roberts for 6 weeks could not see their teams blemishes. In my head to head league, the Roberts owner was killing the rest of us and boasting left and right. He's now lost three straight.

Nice.

Instant karma’s gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head [knee, as it were]
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you’re gonna be dead
Last edited by beltrans_boy on Wed May 25, 2005 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 25, 2005 1:10 am

A ball hit me in the knee tonight in softball when I laid out .... I still played Brian Roberts is a little girl
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nuggets » Wed May 25, 2005 2:02 am

Great, I thought I was air tight with Loretta and Roberts
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wozzyck » Wed May 25, 2005 9:46 am

It's just a bruised knee; he may even play tonight.

"I felt like I could keep going, but the slide did me in," said Roberts, who is taking anti-inflammatory drugs and will attempt to play tonight. "Obviously I ended up in a lot better shape than Javy did."
Wozzyck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers