R. OSWALT FOR S. GREEN PLS. HELP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

R. OSWALT FOR S. GREEN PLS. HELP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

R. OSWALT FOR S. GREEN PLS. HELP

Postby BASEBALL DUDE » Tue May 27, 2003 4:16 pm

im needing advise in a trade that i need help with. im needing pitching help in ERA and K's so i have a trade on the table MY Shawn Green and Joe Borrowski for Roy Oswalt and Roberto Alomar. my other closers are B. wagner and K. Saski which i think are plenty to be able to give up Borowski? Any advise will help thanks.
BASEBALL DUDE

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Tue May 27, 2003 7:41 pm

I wouldn't. Go for someone else like Prior or one of the Oakland trio. Roy Oswalt has too many risks for me.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gmogd » Tue May 27, 2003 8:15 pm

as far as your question mark on the giving up borowski, I'd say you're pretty much right on that. Wagner and Sasaki probably won't put you at the top of the saves category by themselve, but you should do fine. Well, assuming its a 10 or 12 team league, at least, if its one of those 8s he's less expendable. I'd venture to say you won't get the caliber of player the Jury suggests, but I would try for those before settling on Oswalt. Prior trades always make me doubtful... he's great and all, but a lot of people seem like they'd trade away their kids before they traded him for anything that isn't ridiculous. And the fact that Green hasn't exactly been a stud this year means you may not get what you'd like for him, but you should be able to get better than Oswalt and Alomar right now. I think Alomar is more the reason though, not Oswalt... since Oswalt is questionable right now, maybe you can get a good player thrown in with him, at least someone a lot better than Alomar. Or try straight Borrowski for Oswalt, maybe you don't have to lose Green.
Gmogd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Soaring like a dove. Right in front of a Randy Johnson fastball.

Return to Baseball Leftovers