if commish (me) accepts a trade in yahoo... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

if commish (me) accepts a trade in yahoo...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

if commish (me) accepts a trade in yahoo...

Postby bluefire7 » Tue May 24, 2005 4:51 pm

someone offered me a trade, and i want to accept, but in our league, we said that each trade we would wait a full 3 days for the league to see it and approve or veto it (1/2 of teams disapprove = veto). if the 3 days are up, i just allow the trade.

if i accept the trade now, does that mean i am accepting it and it immediately goes into effect or does the 3 day waiting period apply and THEN i have to choose to allow it (umm.. again)? sorry if this is an ubernub question, but this is my 1st time commishing =P :-B
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Tue May 24, 2005 4:53 pm

same rules for you dude. wait 3 days to see if managers have any problems, then accept.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Andy1234 » Tue May 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Its 2 separate choices - If you accept you will have to go into the trade again and allow it - so no worries about looking unfair
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue May 24, 2005 4:55 pm

You still have to approve the trade.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Tue May 24, 2005 4:56 pm

I think you're asking a technical question on whether it will still go into pending for commish approval? If you are, the answer is yes. After commish accepts a trade, he still has to approve or reject it, just like every other trade.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue May 24, 2005 4:56 pm

you go ahead and accept it now,,,, after 3 days if there are no complaints then u as the commish can let the trade go through....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Tue May 24, 2005 4:59 pm

not exactly sure how it works on yahoo.

it is probably two separate choices. if it turns out, however, that you accepting a trade automatically aproves it, then all you do is post to the league board explaining the situation and offer to reverse the trade after three days if enough people veto.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Tue May 24, 2005 5:05 pm

If you accept the trade, the league will get 3 days to veto it or not, and after the 3 days, the trade will automatically be official, there is no second approval.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tms298 » Tue May 24, 2005 5:48 pm

Rirruto is correct. It will say something like, "if this trade is accepted it will be reflected in your lineup on..."

After you make the deal, sit back and three days later it will all be taken care of.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue May 24, 2005 6:33 pm

tms298 wrote:Rirruto is correct. It will say something like, "if this trade is accepted it will be reflected in your lineup on..."

After you make the deal, sit back and three days later it will all be taken care of.

Actually if he has it on Commish control, which it sounds like he does, then he will still have to go in and allow the trade to go through if there are not enough votes.

I for one would much rather have it on Commish controls whether there is a voting process or not. It gives you more control of different circumstances.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers