Toronto skipping a starter? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Toronto skipping a starter?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Toronto skipping a starter?

Postby jayman » Tue May 24, 2005 3:06 pm

See that Halladay is the probable against BOS on Thursday, which is 3 games from his last start (with the off day, it will give him 4 days of rest). I was really hoping he'd get MIN on Friday.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue May 24, 2005 3:20 pm

Halladay last pitched on the 21st, so his game on Thursday will be on regular 4 days rest.

Trust me, you're MUCH better off with him going Thursday than Friday, b/c the Twins will have Santana going that night. The Jays will be starting Lilly (pushed back to accomodate the others), I think they are basically just conceding that game before it's even been played. :*)
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nuggets » Tue May 24, 2005 3:25 pm

I believe Roy pitches every 4th game, rather than 5th like most pitchers. They even talked about him going every 3rd. Bring back the old school!
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue May 24, 2005 5:04 pm

No, Roy pitches every 5th day but there have been so many days off in May for the team that Gibby has been thinking about skipping somebody's start. He's still not sure who the starters for the next few games are going to be
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby nuggets » Tue May 24, 2005 5:20 pm

nuggets wrote:I believe Roy pitches every 4th game, rather than 5th like most pitchers. They even talked about him going every 3rd. Bring back the old school!

Mookie4ever wrote:No, Roy pitches every 5th day but there have been so many days off in May for the team that Gibby has been thinking about skipping somebody's start. He's still not sure who the starters for the next few games are going to be

So much for trusting the owner of a player for news on him. The guy was trying to sell me Hallday as a 36+ start pitchers and I didn't bother to look in to it.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jblank » Tue May 24, 2005 8:48 pm

Actually Halladay has a strained right oblique muscle and will miss his start. DA*************IT!!!!!!! Roy Halladay (P) TOR 5/24/2005
Halladay will miss Thursday's scheduled start due to a strained right oblique muscle, the Associated Press reports. "We need Roy the whole year. He said he could go, but it's not worth it," Toronto general manager J.P. Ricciardi said Tuesday. "I don't think it's going to be a long range thing."
Last edited by jblank on Tue May 24, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jayman » Tue May 24, 2005 8:55 pm

ugh, damn, I#(WU*R$#(*)&()@# :~(
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jayman » Tue May 24, 2005 9:00 pm

He may go on Saturday... this is the what fanball had:

Views: We're a bit concerned anytime we hear 'Halladay' and 'injury' in the same sentence because of last season's shoulder problems, but it appears this aliment is not too serious. The Jays are hopeful he can pitch against the Twins on Saturday and we'll follow his recovery to let fantasy owners know if that plan will come to fruition.

and stats:

Advice: Who will start in place of Halladay on Thursday isn't certain. David Bush and Gustavo Chacin are scheduled to start Tuesday and Wednesday against the Red Sox. Someone will have to work the series finale versus Boston on Thursday. The Jays are hoping that Halladay will be ready to face Minnesota at home on Saturday. The righthander is 7-2 with a 2.84 ERA in 10 starts this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6134/news

I don't care who he's facing anymore, I just want him to be healthy. I need him.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Wed May 25, 2005 5:57 am

Advice: Who will start in place of Halladay on Thursday isn't certain

Lilly will go Wednesday and Chacin will go Thursday.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 31)

Return to Baseball Leftovers