Chavez vs. Wright From here on out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chavez vs. Wright From here on out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chavez vs. Wright From here on out?

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Tue May 24, 2005 12:35 pm

I've had both of these guys from the start of the season , and I've been trying to deal one of them for a pitcher to put the finishing touch on my team. I think Chavez will heat up, but its starting to look like Wright may be just as good as Chavez this year, especially with the steals hes been getting recently. Which guy would you rather have this year? Do I trade Wright while hes hot, or do I trade the proven producer?
- - - - - - - - - There Is No Spoon - - - - - - - - -
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Tue May 24, 2005 12:44 pm

It depends what kind of deals you get offered for each. Shop them both, and deal whichever brings the more enticing package. Some owners value the next big thing very highly, while others want the proven producer. Find out what kind of owner the interested owner is and reap the benefits.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 24, 2005 1:04 pm

Wright..he's starting to heat up
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby diesel99xx » Tue May 24, 2005 1:50 pm

Wright , the Mets have a much better lineup and wright is only scrating the surface, chavez I feel like has already reached his potential and he is what he is :-D
diesel99xx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 24, 2005 2:00 pm

Let's not get carried away here, people. Wright is going to be big in the future, but Eric Chavez is entering his prime. He had his best season last year and that was partially interrupted by an injury after he got hit by a Marte pitch on the hand or wrist. His OBP rose 47 points last season, he hit 29 homers in under 130 games. Chavez is only 27, so it can be expected that this improvement was for real. Most of the improvement was due to gains vs. left-handed pitching, which makes sense, because the only way for you to improve in that department is to get more ABs vs. them. Chavez has.

I'd keep Chavez.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue May 24, 2005 2:08 pm

Team needs vs. what you can get.

Wright should add more SB than Chavez, with the latter having slightly better power. Wright is also less of an injury risk (based solely on youth). Not to mention, what is their value to your league-mates - if the rate of return is much higher than the other, then deal that player as both should be very good from here on out.

All things being equal, I'd rather keep Wright simply due to the added SB he brings. But, if Wright has a much higher perceived trade value than Chavez, trade Wright.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue May 24, 2005 2:36 pm

All else being equal, Chavez is going to trump Wright in every single offensive category from now until the end of the season with the exception of SBs (and maybe runs if Wright moves to the 2-spot).
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Tue May 24, 2005 3:07 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 554)

Return to Baseball Leftovers