Willie loosening the reigns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Willie loosening the reigns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Willie loosening the reigns?

Postby Eastern Lightning » Tue May 24, 2005 11:37 am

D. Wright has 3 steals in his last five games. That has to bode well for Beltran when he gets healthy right?
Eastern Lightning
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 24, 2005 12:27 pm

God I hope so..beltran needs to run!!!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AT » Tue May 24, 2005 12:52 pm

Willie has never had tight reigns on Beltran's willingness to swipe bases. He's been asked about it and steadfastly denied it over and over again. David Wright is simply feeling it right now, being confident, and playing hard and that's why he's swiping bases. I'm seriously tired of answering questions about Willie putting the kybosh on the Mets players on the basepaths. It never happened.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Tue May 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'm seriously tired of answering questions about Willie putting the kybosh on the Mets players on the basepaths.

Maybe you should stop answering them then. It's kind of simple. ;-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Well Beltran needs to get over his little injury and start stealing bases
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AT » Tue May 24, 2005 1:06 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I'm seriously tired of answering questions about Willie putting the kybosh on the Mets players on the basepaths.

Maybe you should stop answering them then. It's kind of simple. ;-D

I know but I can't help but defend Willie. He was one of my favorite Yankees when I was a kid. I like the way he coaches too and for the first time in years I can actually watch the Mets without laughing at them and/or rooting for them to lose.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Tue May 24, 2005 1:11 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I know but I can't help but defend Willie. He was one of my favorite Yankees when I was a kid. I like the way he coaches too and for the first time in years I can actually watch the Mets without laughing at them and/or rooting for them to lose.

I like Willie too but he's had his positives and negatives this year. I like how he handles the media and keeps cool even when we make stupid mistakes. I don't like how Mienky has been batting ahead of Wright all season. I do like how he is good with giving certain people days off. I dont like how our bullpen is being managed right now. Roberto Hernandez going for 5 or 6 days straight isn't very good, Heath Bell not pitching since Friday night isn't good either but what can you do. Heilman shouldn't be in the 'pen when he's our 2nd or 3rd best starter right now. I'm sure he'll turn out great in the long run and he'll learn with time.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 24, 2005 3:40 pm

Is it hamstring or red light? Reyes has 8 steals for the Mets, Floyd has a handful as well... makes me think this hammie thing has been slowing Beltran down for a while now. I hope he stays out until he's ready to play his best.

Beltran says he wants to sit out 3-4 days so that when he comes back... he'll be at 80%. I don't like the sound of that. Take it easy kid. Come back when you're healthy.

Since I traded for Beltran 2 weeks ago, he's netted me a fat 2 runs and 1 RBI.

:-o
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby AT » Tue May 24, 2005 4:22 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I know but I can't help but defend Willie. He was one of my favorite Yankees when I was a kid. I like the way he coaches too and for the first time in years I can actually watch the Mets without laughing at them and/or rooting for them to lose.

I like Willie too but he's had his positives and negatives this year. I like how he handles the media and keeps cool even when we make stupid mistakes. I don't like how Mienky has been batting ahead of Wright all season. I do like how he is good with giving certain people days off. I dont like how our bullpen is being managed right now. Roberto Hernandez going for 5 or 6 days straight isn't very good, Heath Bell not pitching since Friday night isn't good either but what can you do. Heilman shouldn't be in the 'pen when he's our 2nd or 3rd best starter right now. I'm sure he'll turn out great in the long run and he'll learn with time.

He'll slow down with Hernandez's use but I think he just does it because that's who he's confident in. He bats Dougy ahead of Wright because he likes the left right left right alternating lineup structure and sticks to it. I'm sure at some point he'll move Wright into the top half of the order but for now that's his philosophy and I think it's ok. The problem isn't the order, the problem is Dougy isn't hitting and sucks right now. I agree that Heilman should be in the rotation and I'd throw Ishii in the pen for now as the odd man out. I think Willie likes having Heilman in the pen because he needs a guy who can throw strikes back there and Ishii and Zambrano certainly can't. Regardless, this team has too many problems to discuss at this point and most of them are obvious. Bottom line is they're exciting, they're young, they have room to improve, they're not boring any more and as a Yankee fan I actually enjoy watching them play for the first time in years. I think that says a lot about how far they've come.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KolbSaves » Tue May 24, 2005 6:17 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Is it hamstring or red light? Reyes has 8 steals for the Mets, Floyd has a handful as well... makes me think this hammie thing has been slowing Beltran down for a while now. I hope he stays out until he's ready to play his best.

Beltran says he wants to sit out 3-4 days so that when he comes back... he'll be at 80%. I don't like the sound of that. Take it easy kid. Come back when you're healthy.

Since I traded for Beltran 2 weeks ago, he's netted me a fat 2 runs and 1 RBI.

:-o

It's not a hamstring problem, it's a quad problem.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers