Interesting trade rumors here in Chicago!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interesting trade rumors here in Chicago!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ccjohnson23 » Thu May 26, 2005 12:13 am

Kevin Orie rules......I can't wait until he starts hitting like he should be

PS....Mike Harkey rules
"3 men, 1 arm"
ccjohnson23
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rirruto » Thu May 26, 2005 12:20 am

strong wrote:No way would the Mets offer their best hitter for Give-it-up-Latroy and a prospect that isn't even a top ten in the Cubbies system. They would be better suited to pay Graves 5 mil.

Our best hitter is David Wright by the way and I cant say that I'd be upset if that trade went through. Latroy would help out our weak bullpen and he seems to be quite solid when not in the closer's role. Plus, it would mean more PT for Victor Diaz. Don't get me wrong, Floyd has been great this year but we all know the guy will hit the DL sometime this season. I guess I'm more impartial and would be fine with it if did or didn't happen.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J_Cuz » Thu May 26, 2005 12:22 am

I have no basis for thinking this other than my gut telling me that Placido's days in Philly are very much numbered but...

Patterson and someone else for Polanco and maybe Billy Wagner?
www.igglephans.com
J_Cuz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby washubeek » Thu May 26, 2005 2:44 am

Gammons talked about both Wagner and Dunn as possible trades later. Dunn because he will cost the Reds too much to keep in a few years so they should trade him now for value.

Being a Cubs fan I would be overjoyed if we could get Polanco and Wagner even if we give up Corey Patterson and some prospects.
This would shore up two positions.

Dunn would be nice but i really don't think we need another high HR, high K bat. We are still 3rd in the NL in homers.

I would also not want the Floyd trade for the injury concerns already expressed.
washubeek
College Coach
College Coach

Postby strong » Thu May 26, 2005 3:34 pm

Rirruto wrote:
strong wrote:No way would the Mets offer their best hitter for Give-it-up-Latroy and a prospect that isn't even a top ten in the Cubbies system. They would be better suited to pay Graves 5 mil.

Our best hitter is David Wright by the way and I cant say that I'd be upset if that trade went through. Latroy would help out our weak bullpen and he seems to be quite solid when not in the closer's role. Plus, it would mean more PT for Victor Diaz. Don't get me wrong, Floyd has been great this year but we all know the guy will hit the DL sometime this season. I guess I'm more impartial and would be fine with it if did or didn't happen.

You might be right about Wright. But I personally think Floyd is better for now, especially considering where he is usually batting. (Yet if Wright was protected by Cliff Floyd in the batting order? Watch out!) However, I would be downright peeved if the Mets thought this could improve them this year. We could find bullpen help better than Hawkins for a cheaper price than Floyd. It would be a huge mistake. Huge. And I liked Diaz as well, but I'm not ready to take an upgrade on a non-closer and hope Diaz can hold his own all year.
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers