V-Mart owned percentage? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

V-Mart owned percentage?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

V-Mart owned percentage?

Postby saxeT1979 » Tue May 24, 2005 10:52 am

Is it time to cut bait on this dud? As with most of Cleveland Indians, he hasn't shown any signs of starting to hit. Does anyone know what percentage of leagues he is still owned in?

I'm playing in a 12-team 5x5. I have 1 catcher spot currently filled by Lo Duca. V-mart is just taking up one of my bench spots.
saxeT1979
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Tue May 24, 2005 12:24 pm

In the SI.com Leagues, he is 100% owned and starting on 70% of the teams.

I am part of the 100% ownership group and the 30% of folks who have benched him.

He has been on the pine for the entire month I picked him from the WW. Frankly I'm holding onto him only beacuse Lopez had back problems eariler this season. My heart and head won't let me cut VMart at risk of having to play John Buck if Lopez gets injured.

If VMart just hits .250 the rest of the year and plays daily, he's still a cut above what is available at that thin FA/WW position.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue May 24, 2005 5:50 pm

He's riding the pine on my team until he gets hot. He gets til the AS break.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Slump Busters » Tue May 24, 2005 6:07 pm

Sax, I have the exact same combo. LoDuca starting and last week picked up V. mart with the sole intention of keeping him at least until the all star break. The rest of my team is solid so it does not hurt to have him holding a bench spot. This is a long season and I figure if he can get hot in July then that is still 3 good months out of him. If he stinks by the AS break then I will seriously consider chucking him. But as already mentioned, there are not that many good catchers out there and I needed someone to at least fill the void when LoDuca has off days.
Slump Busters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dodger Blue » Tue May 24, 2005 6:19 pm

What if you don't really have room on the bench. 5 total bench spots I think. Would you drop him? LoDuca is available but he's about as bad and really fades in the 2nd half. I guess I could just not start him. At least he wouldn't hurt me. Biggest waste of a 6th round pick ever. :-[
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 24, 2005 7:55 pm

Lodcua has been doing fine...most C's fade 2nd half so if he is around you could do a lot worse.

As to VMart...looking like one of the really bad busts this season. Catch 22 as dropping someone like that is always tough.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dodger Blue » Tue May 24, 2005 8:11 pm

Sorry not LoDuca. :,-( Estrada or Hall. I wait it out or drop Rowand for Hall. :-o
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 24, 2005 8:17 pm

No one better to cut than Rowand?..though he is not doing much so maybe that would not be such a bad play.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dodger Blue » Tue May 24, 2005 8:25 pm

I not cutting bay or Floyd lol. And I can't cut V-Mart for Hall. :~(
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 24, 2005 8:28 pm

Obviously as both are top players. The problem with studs that stink it up that bad is that when they bomb on you, they often take you out as you will stick with them for way too long. If it was some mediocre guy you got in the 15th round, he would have been ditched in April. Don't know wat to tell you. You are pretty much screwed there.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers