NEW FANTASY GAME!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NEW FANTASY GAME!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby logan » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:56 pm

you know i realize that they have alot of talent and they need to be spread out a little bit but i think the worst thing wwe ever did was to split the shows. i lost all interest in watching smackdown,and eventually wrestling as a whole when they split it up. one of the best things was the cliffhanger endings to monday night and then waiting to see what would happen on thursday. some of the best matche's ive efver seen were in that show with the rock and sock connection and many others that stemmed from monday night shows. now it seems like smackdown is kinda the farm system of raw. there are guys there that desreve the time on the prime stage (anngle taker the "new not to be named personality" etc.) i just lost a alot of interest when that happened.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:14 pm

logan wrote:you know i realize that they have alot of talent and they need to be spread out a little bit but i think the worst thing wwe ever did was to split the shows. i lost all interest in watching smackdown,and eventually wrestling as a whole when they split it up. one of the best things was the cliffhanger endings to monday night and then waiting to see what would happen on thursday. some of the best matche's ive efver seen were in that show with the rock and sock connection and many others that stemmed from monday night shows. now it seems like smackdown is kinda the farm system of raw. there are guys there that desreve the time on the prime stage (anngle taker the "new not to be named personality" etc.) i just lost a alot of interest when that happened.

Agreed. Splitting the rosters didn't go over well for me either. :-/

I still watch both, but it's not nearly as entertaining as it used to be. Part of it is simply because they don't have to put on a superior product anymore. The best time in wrestling had WCW bring in Goldberg and produce a great storyline. WCW also had the NWO angle going. Made for great programming. While WCW was doing that, WWE (WWF at the time) had Stone Cold and The Rock emerging as superstars, and also the big Kane/Undertaker fued. Both companies put on great product to watch in order to try to beat the other company. Now it's just a bit boring and I do think it's due to a lack of competition.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:21 pm

i agree. although i was never a big fan of goldberg the NWO was what got me back into wrestling after many years of not watching. hall and nash are two of the most entertainng guys in and out of the ring. (i still hate bischoff and wcw brass for what they put scott though with the drinking angle. that was what really turned me off to wcw on the whole before it went under. that and the three hour change. that was the worst thing they ever did to that product.) nothing will ever be better than the begining of the nwo and the sting angles they had. corporate rock v Stone cold(best angle ive ever seen any wrestler pull off.) is the only other thing that was as fun to watch as that.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:48 pm

I love that they split the shows.... i never watched Smackdown at all and hated missing stuff. It is perfect now because I dont have to watch twice a week. I do think the show is craving for someone that can work the mike as well as the ring, and that is why I believe Cena is coming to Raw. The more I think about it, I doubt he will get traded back to Smackdown.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:08 pm

How do you do fantasy for a fake sport? :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:58 am

The draft so far:

RAW:

John Cena
Kurt Angle
Carlito Cool

Smackdown:

Chris Benoit
Randy Orton

SPOILER----DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO GETS DRAFTED THURSDAY!!!!!

Muhammed Hussan!

Seems RAW is running away with the better end of the deal by quite a bit. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk