FREE Yahoo Midseason League! Ruleset promotes good managing! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

FREE Yahoo Midseason League! Ruleset promotes good managing!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FREE Yahoo Midseason League! Ruleset promotes good managing!

Postby Jimmy » Tue May 24, 2005 2:13 am

Hi Guys! I've been a member here for quite some time and although I rarely post now-a-days, I still come here to read occasionally. I'm starting a league with some special rulesets to avoid some problems that other leagues may normally face. Also, it's sort of a challenging league as I set up specific limits. So I'm inviting you guys to come join it because I know the better MANAGERS come here. Details are below.

~Live Draft @ Saturday, May 28th 2005 - 6:45pm PST~
Rotisserie Standard Ruleset EXCEPT
500 Pitching Inning Limit
5 Roster Moves / 4 Trades
3 Bench slots / 0 DL slots

Detailed settings can be found by visiting:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/354474/settings

The link to join is:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinprivateleague?league_id=354474&stage=1

Here is a copy and paste of my commissioner's note:
I've created this league with some unique settings. I have put in limits in this league to promote SMART MANAGING.

All pitchers on a team have a 500 inning pitching limit - This reduces players from randomly picking up pitchers that will start the next day only to compile stats in WINS, SAVES, and K's.

There is a limit of 5 moves which are waiver wire or free agent pick ups - Again, this limits people from trying to stack their stats and it allows room to replace injured players. There is no DL so this must be used wisely. It can also be used as normal way to pick up players from the free agent pool but it is limited for a reason and if you have an injured player and you have used all your moves, you're out of luck!

I will allow trades because that is part of the game, so maybe you will want to pick guys from free agent pool to trade later. There is a limit of 4 trades.

There is also a smaller bench than the standard Yahoo league. You are allowed only 3 bench players. This should allow for more teams to grab a useful player off the free agent pool if they need. Choose your players wisely and remember, there is no DL slot.

Please come join and enjoy :)
Jimmy
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cobra_Kai » Tue May 24, 2005 4:39 pm

Just joined up....FYI, I know some guys who are fed up with crappy leagues who may be interested. They don't frequent the cafe, but would they still be welcome? I'd love to have this be a real deep league, with at least 12 teams or so.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu May 26, 2005 4:22 am

Hi there. I joined up as well. Let's hope to get some more of our fellow Cafer's in as well.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cobra_Kai » Thu May 26, 2005 8:51 am

Bump...let's get this league filled up. Should be a fun alternative to the idiots I have in my regular league.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jimmy » Thu May 26, 2005 9:16 am

Thanks guys for joining. We can still use quite a few more players. The live draft is still a little over 2 more days so I'm giving this thread a friendly bump. Feel free to invite your friends as it will give the league a more personal feel :)

Remember the draft is this Saturday evening. Please don't miss out because the Yahoo draft ranking is out of date and missing the draft would seriously handicap your team compared to expert live drafters.

Good luck!
Jimmy
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby silverZ » Sat May 28, 2005 6:15 pm

Just joined up...look forward to the draft tonight. Hope we can get more team too.
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Return to Classifieds