Ideas needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ideas needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Tue May 24, 2005 11:31 am

Do we need to battle it on a world wide scale? No, just battle the groups targetting the US, and they are not all around the world.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantFan666 » Tue May 24, 2005 2:36 pm

This is a verry sensitive topic w/ me that I could easily write 10 pages on... but would probably get me banned from here... So all I am going to say is check out Noam Chomsky at the book store He has written several books on the subjec of terrorism and is an excellent writer. You will get everything you ever needed to know about the US and Terrorism.
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby so0perspam » Tue May 24, 2005 3:00 pm

Essay written .... thanks for the help guys. :-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby blankman » Tue May 24, 2005 3:39 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:This is a verry sensitive topic w/ me that I could easily write 10 pages on... but would probably get me banned from here... So all I am going to say is check out Noam Chomsky at the book store He has written several books on the subjec of terrorism and is an excellent writer. You will get everything you ever needed to know about the US and Terrorism.

You blew it; it's political now. I'm sure he's a good writer, but Chomsky is a complete wacko; an overeducated nonrealist. A skill in writing doesn't make you right :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BigMusky » Tue May 24, 2005 3:54 pm

blankman wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:This is a verry sensitive topic w/ me that I could easily write 10 pages on... but would probably get me banned from here... So all I am going to say is check out Noam Chomsky at the book store He has written several books on the subjec of terrorism and is an excellent writer. You will get everything you ever needed to know about the US and Terrorism.

You blew it; it's political now. I'm sure he's a good writer, but Chomsky is a complete wacko; an overeducated nonrealist. A skill in writing doesn't make you right :-t

B-) The problem with any book on a political subject is they are selling you on an idea or pressing their opinion on you. You have to read multiple authors from different view points in order to form your own opinion. This takes more work and most people are content regurgetating other people's ideas to create an artificial intelligence of the topic.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby GiantFan666 » Tue May 24, 2005 4:54 pm

BigMusky wrote:
blankman wrote:

B-) The problem with any book on a political subject is they are selling you on an idea or pressing their opinion on you. You have to read multiple authors from different view points in order to form your own opinion. This takes more work and most people are content regurgetating other people's ideas to create an artificial intelligence of the topic.

I agree w/ you 100% on that being an issue w/ most political books
however, in Chomsky's writings for the most part he isn't writing anything really new, he is using what the US Govt. publicly says vs. what they actually do. He makes a very compelling case that using its own definition of terrorism, the US Gov is the leading sponsor of terrorism in the World.

anyone that would like to send me a pm to discuss it further is more than welcome, but until they reinstate the Political forum, I will keep it off the board
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Tue May 24, 2005 5:13 pm

The problem is that through his skill as a writer, he is able to convince the reader of things that are just not true. The man argues that we deserved 9/11/01 and even supports Hitler or Stalin (I can't recall which although it may be both).
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby GiantFan666 » Tue May 24, 2005 5:42 pm

blankman wrote:The problem is that through his skill as a writer, he is able to convince the reader of things that are just not true. The man argues that we deserved 9/11/01 and even supports Hitler or Stalin (I can't recall which although it may be both).

0-2 Blankman... He doesn't argue that we deserved 9-11 but that we brought it upon ourselves w/ our policy in the Middle East and support for Bin Laden against the Soviets. And I have never read
anything by Chomsky where he is supporting Hitler or Stalin. send me a PM and we'll talk more about it
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Tue May 24, 2005 7:13 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:
blankman wrote:The problem is that through his skill as a writer, he is able to convince the reader of things that are just not true. The man argues that we deserved 9/11/01 and even supports Hitler or Stalin (I can't recall which although it may be both).

0-2 Blankman... He doesn't argue that we deserved 9-11 but that we brought it upon ourselves w/ our policy in the Middle East and support for Bin Laden against the Soviets. And I have never read
anything by Chomsky where he is supporting Hitler or Stalin. send me a PM and we'll talk more about it

Neither of those are misses buddy. The first dispute is just word twisting. I'm not going to bother any further.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue May 24, 2005 7:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:I think a good defense is the best offense

That pretty much how I think as well. It would probably be cheaper, safer, and keep us out of messy world politics completely if we just worried about securing our borders and protecting our citizens here. I know that's not the greatest attitude to have, but is it really that much worse than constantly speading our resources ridiculously thin trying to be the worlds police? :-? Make it a "leave at your own risk" for citizens who want to travel overseas. I don't think we owe anyone anything -- US citizen or not -- if they decide to leave the country. I realize that's a gross simplification, but you'd have to go even deeper into politics if I attempted to expound further. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk