What if an OF snags a HR ball, but ends up over the fence? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What if an OF snags a HR ball, but ends up over the fence?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Wed May 25, 2005 2:19 pm

catch22 wrote:
what?

nuggets wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I think if his feet are off the ground and he goes over the fence then its a home run

I disagree. In the game I refereced, the OFs feet were definatly not on the ground.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Raf » Wed May 25, 2005 2:44 pm

What if a player climbs the wall and goes over it and then catches the ball in home run territory or foul territory, is that an out? ( I know it'll never happen but im curious...
Raf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby great gretzky » Wed May 25, 2005 3:50 pm

what ia player bends over so his back is perpendicular to the ground and the ball comes to a rest on it, without having touched the ground?

I guess the peached shouldn't have gotten that out that maddona cuaght in her hat.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby matmat » Wed May 25, 2005 4:02 pm

great gretzky wrote:what ia player bends over so his back is perpendicular to the ground and the ball comes to a rest on it, without having touched the ground?.

that is one strange contortion. I don't understand it.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed May 25, 2005 4:07 pm

What if aliens come and land on the field and use their invisibility rays to disguise themselves and they hit the ball out of the fielders hand as he's trying to catch it and then they trip his legs and he cant get it and the runner tags up, but gets lost on his way to home and starts running the opposite way and then he runs so fast that he catches on fire and then pink elephants run on the field and pigs start flying overhead, but these arent just normal pigs, they are x-ray vision pigs with mad baseball skills and they land on the field and start hitting homeruns off the opposing pitcher who has a bionic eye and a bionic arm and throws 200 mph changeups! And then they realize that all the people on the field are actually robots being manipulated by Bud Selig for his own personal profits and gains??!!

Anyone got the official ruling on that?

8-o
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stevethumb » Wed May 25, 2005 4:17 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:What if aliens come and land on the field and use their invisibility rays to disguise themselves and they hit the ball out of the fielders hand as he's trying to catch it and then they trip his legs and he cant get it and the runner tags up, but gets lost on his way to home and starts running the opposite way and then he runs so fast that he catches on fire and then pink elephants run on the field and pigs start flying overhead, but these arent just normal pigs, they are x-ray vision pigs with mad baseball skills and they land on the field and start hitting homeruns off the opposing pitcher who has a bionic eye and a bionic arm and throws 200 mph changeups! And then they realize that all the people on the field are actually robots being manipulated by Bud Selig for his own personal profits and gains??!!

8-o
.....well i guess that ends that !! :-b
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby great gretzky » Wed May 25, 2005 4:22 pm

well it didn't make sense, as I meant parallel. oh well. our back is usually perpendicular, so that would be even weirder.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Wed May 25, 2005 4:39 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:What if aliens come and land on the field and use their invisibility rays to disguise themselves and they hit the ball out of the fielders hand as he's trying to catch it and then they trip his legs and he cant get it and the runner tags up, but gets lost on his way to home and starts running the opposite way and then he runs so fast that he catches on fire and then pink elephants run on the field and pigs start flying overhead, but these arent just normal pigs, they are x-ray vision pigs with mad baseball skills and they land on the field and start hitting homeruns off the opposing pitcher who has a bionic eye and a bionic arm and throws 200 mph changeups! And then they realize that all the people on the field are actually robots being manipulated by Bud Selig for his own personal profits and gains??!!

Anyone got the official ruling on that?

8-o

I hear Arod's got a good shrink. I bet he'd give you the number. ;-)

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: What if an OF snags a HR ball, but ends up over the fence?

Postby Chuckles » Wed May 25, 2005 5:39 pm

stratusfactionrt wrote:For example, Gary Sheffield jumps up against the fence for a high fly ball in right field at Fenway Park. He makes the catch, but instead of landing on his feet on the field of play, he ends up on a couple of beers in the stands.

Is this a homerun or not?

Some might consider the baserunner safe because Sheff landed on a couple of beers, though!!! ;-)

Seriously though, it's an out. Not sure about the tag-up rule though. That's a good point.
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm

It's an out. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

PreviousNext