Harold Reynolds says to fantasy owners... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harold Reynolds says to fantasy owners...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jjigglers » Mon May 23, 2005 7:24 pm

I really think RJ is a good sell candidate, because people dont percieve his value is low. Even though his performace is low, it hasnt affected his percieved value too much yet, and its not like you'd be trading him for garbage.

I'd jump ship while i could, and sell him for a 2nd rounder. I said it before the season started, and all I could hear is "He was old last year too." A player's gotta break down some time.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bd3521 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:27 pm

pmacxx2 wrote:Harold Reynolds has no clue what he's talking about. "Jon Garland is healthy again." What?

Garland returns to health, mound Updated 4/10/05
Garland, Jon SP CHW
News: Sent back to the hotel with the flu Friday, Garland wasn't sure if he would be allowed to start this one. But he gave Chicago six solid innings, allowing 10 hits and three runs without a walk. He struck out one and got the win. "You see the guys on your team going out, giving it their all and doing great -- you just want to do that much better," Garland said. "I want to keep it going, keep it rolling. I want to keep these guys at the same intensity I was at."

Garland leaves Wednesday's game Updated 3/23/05
Garland, Jon SP CHW
News: Jon Garland left Wednesday's spring game against Milwaukee after two innings due to a bruised right biceps. Analysis: Garland reported feeling fine after the game, but consider him day to day. He is expected to make his next spring start on Monday.

Thats all i dug up
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rmeesig » Mon May 23, 2005 7:28 pm

This is the same Harold Reynolds who compared the Giant's legacy to the Yankees. How is this possible when the team in question has yet to win a World Series for the town which they've called home since 1958. A couple of monuments does not a formidable legacy make!
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pmacxx2 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:35 pm

bd3521 wrote:
pmacxx2 wrote:Harold Reynolds has no clue what he's talking about. "Jon Garland is healthy again." What?

Garland returns to health, mound Updated 4/10/05
Garland, Jon SP CHW
News: Sent back to the hotel with the flu Friday, Garland wasn't sure if he would be allowed to start this one. But he gave Chicago six solid innings, allowing 10 hits and three runs without a walk. He struck out one and got the win. "You see the guys on your team going out, giving it their all and doing great -- you just want to do that much better," Garland said. "I want to keep it going, keep it rolling. I want to keep these guys at the same intensity I was at."

Garland leaves Wednesday's game Updated 3/23/05
Garland, Jon SP CHW
News: Jon Garland left Wednesday's spring game against Milwaukee after two innings due to a bruised right biceps. Analysis: Garland reported feeling fine after the game, but consider him day to day. He is expected to make his next spring start on Monday.

Thats all i dug up

So, you interpret Garland leaving a game in spring training (nearly positive it was pre-cautionary since he said he felt fine afterwards) and him pitching with the flu as injured? If he's been anything in his lackluster career he's been durable.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bd3521 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:42 pm

I was not saying that. I was just researching Harolds impression on Garlands health
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pmacxx2 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:50 pm

Got it. I've heard Reynolds reference Garland's superficial health issues for over a month now and I can't take it anymore. No harm intended.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Box » Mon May 23, 2005 8:34 pm

Well so much for buy low, sell high.

Thanks Harold!! :-?
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AT » Mon May 23, 2005 10:17 pm

pmacxx2 wrote:Got it. I've heard Reynolds reference Garland's superficial health issues for over a month now and I can't take it anymore. No harm intended.

I agree that Reynolds is over blowing the health issues and should clarify by just saying, recent health issues. Regardless, it's pick your poison with analysts in any sport, on any station (cable or otherwise). 9 out of 10 are either too general, too company, too sackless, too uninformed, too stupid, too lazy, too annoying, too much attitude, too loud, too hard to look at, too full of themselves or input your own too _____ and feel free to mix and match. Reynolds is in the better group of poisons. He reminds me of Greg Anthony with the NBA.

Regardless, pmacxx2's original rant about Reynolds and Garland's health was absolutely hilarious. Good stuff ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Tue May 24, 2005 3:33 am

I think I saw that same episode. Reynolds is a moron. He said to keep Garland since Garland would be pitching against other #5 starters which includes guys called up from the minors. 8-o

Needless to say that I sent ESPN a not-so-nice email explaining just how stupid Reynolds makes himself, ESPN, and the show look when something that totally misinformed and wrong comes flying out of his mouth. :-t

I also asked them to please get someone who actually plays fantasy baseball, and has some fantasy baseball knowledge, to do the show if they were going to continue to run it, instead of trotting out that idiot again. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 24, 2005 3:43 am

Madison wrote:I also asked them to please get someone who actually plays fantasy baseball, and has some fantasy baseball knowledge, to do the show if they were going to continue to run it, instead of trotting out that idiot again. :-/

Careful Mad, I bet they hire Brandon Funston.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers