Harold Reynolds says to fantasy owners... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harold Reynolds says to fantasy owners...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harold Reynolds says to fantasy owners...

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon May 23, 2005 6:26 pm

Keep Derrek Lee.
Keep Brian Roberts.
Keep Jon Garland.
Trade Randy Johnson.
Trade Jim Thome.
Trade Barry Bonds.

This is just from Sportscenter.

Personally, I think Reynolds is being a wuss (that and has no idea about fantasy baseball)...He looks at the current numbers and sees a player doing good or bad and says keep or trade. You probably couldn't trade Thome right now if you wanted to. You'd probably have a hard time trading Johnson too. Who wants Bonds for a month? :-B
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby so0perspam » Mon May 23, 2005 6:29 pm

I was just about to make a thread saying the exact same thing haha. :-D I would've said keep RJ and Bonds instead of dealing 'em for very little.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Mon May 23, 2005 6:55 pm

This advice would have been a lot more useful two months ago... ;-)
9er Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bd3521 » Mon May 23, 2005 6:59 pm

Why trade Bonds and/or RJ when their values are at a career all-time low?
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Broncmet724 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:03 pm

I just traded for RJ personally, gave up Brandon Lyon, or was it BJ Ryan? either way I'm happy with the trade
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Harold Reynolds says to fantasy owners...

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon May 23, 2005 7:05 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Personally, I think Reynolds is being a wuss (that and has no idea about fantasy baseball)...He looks at the current numbers and sees a player doing good or bad and says keep or trade.

no.

he said keep roberts because as long as he is leading off he should be solid.

he said keep derek lee because he is having a break out season and the lone big bat in the chicago lineup.

he said keep jon garland because he is finally healthy.

he said that thome and bonds are not healthy. trade them.

he also said that randy is not 100% and could have a lingering groin injury aka he is not healthy....trade him.

common sense for some....
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Mon May 23, 2005 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby reznorsboy » Mon May 23, 2005 7:05 pm

I wouldn't give up on RJ just yet.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon May 23, 2005 7:14 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Personally, I think Reynolds is being a wuss (that and has no idea about fantasy baseball)...He looks at the current numbers and sees a player doing good or bad and says keep or trade.

no.

he said keep derek lee because he is having a break out season and the lone big bat in the chicago lineup.

he also said that randy is not 100% and could have a lingering groin injury aka he is not healthy....trade him.

And all I am saying is who wants these old broken down guys? You will get absolutely nothing for them. At this point, you have to hope they return to form or have a hot stretch at which point you can then trade them.

I don't dispute the keepers. I like Garland, but he isn't going to go 30-0. He could pull a Cliff Lee just as easily over the next 10 starts.

I think Lee is solid and Roberts is doing well, but seriously...is he going to hit .370 all year? It doesn't happen much these days, and I don't know if Brian Roberts is a premier hitter in this league.

Basically Reynolds was just doing a Hot or Not with players that were obviously doing good or bad. He did not think of it in a fantasy baseball sense, and ESPN drummed it up as something "fantasy baseballers HAVE to know." That was why I thought it was stupid. If you like selling stocks that are now at 5 that were worth 30 with the possibility they could hit 15 or 20 in the future...that's not sound.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon May 23, 2005 7:22 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:

no.

And all I am saying is who wants these old broken down guys? You will get absolutely nothing for them. At this point, you have to hope they return to form or have a hot stretch at which point you can then trade them.

I don't dispute the keepers. I like Garland, but he isn't going to go 30-0. He could pull a Cliff Lee just as easily over the next 10 starts.

I think Lee is solid and Roberts is doing well, but seriously...is he going to hit .370 all year? It doesn't happen much these days, and I don't know if Brian Roberts is a premier hitter in this league.

Basically Reynolds was just doing a Hot or Not with players that were obviously doing good or bad. He did not think of it in a fantasy baseball sense, and ESPN drummed it up as something "fantasy baseballers HAVE to know." That was why I thought it was stupid. If you like selling stocks that are now at 5 that were worth 30 with the possibility they could hit 15 or 20 in the future...that's not sound.

and after dan asked him, "are you gonna keep everybody?" harold responded by saying, "i do not know who you have on that list."

you got the last part right...ESPiN hyped it up like it was some kinda ground breaking fantasy news. like i said it was pretty much common sense. it was the show's producer's fault for teasing it like that and giving the viewers that lame content.

fyi, i used to shake my head during the nfl count downs must start fantasy lists that included peyton manning, randy moss, marvin harrison, LT2 and priest holmes.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pmacxx2 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:24 pm

I've been letting Reynolds slide in regards to Jon Garland's health. Jon Garland has not been on the DL in his entire career. Garland has pitched 850 innings in his career without even once visiting the DL. He's averaged nearly 200 innings pitched his entire career.

Harold Reynolds has no clue what he's talking about. "Jon Garland is healthy again." What? Harold has never had a divergent opinion on any baseball topic. His input to SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight is completely useless to either program, let alone for fantasy purposes. He's a company man for ESPN in the worst way. complete dope.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers