Who should I root for? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who should I root for?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:53 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:btw mweir145, just wait until Lastings Milledge, Petit, Hernandez, bladergroen and concepcion to come up. and to mention the top prospects that already came up like david wright, victor diaz, jose reyes, aron heilman and o ya kazuo matsui :-D

Matsui stinks. But then again, So does Hinske. :-b

Don't even start with Mets having better prospects then the Jays either.

LOL..Don't go there.. ;-7

Lastings Milledge is better than all your little brandon league's put together. Hands down. then we kinda go down hill from there lol :-D
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:06 am

Dustin McGowan had TJ surgery, and is recovering from it quite well right now. He has been making some successful starts at Dunedin (A) I believe, to get get prepared to come back to Syracuse (AAA).

David Purcey, you can count up with our top prospects as well.

Romero is a starter with lots of potential. ;-D
Last edited by mweir145 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:07 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:btw mweir145, just wait until Lastings Milledge, Petit, Hernandez, bladergroen and concepcion to come up. and to mention the top prospects that already came up like david wright, victor diaz, jose reyes, aron heilman and o ya kazuo matsui :-D

Matsui stinks. But then again, So does Hinske. :-b

Don't even start with Mets having better prospects then the Jays either.

LOL..Don't go there.. ;-7

Lastings Milledge is better than all your little brandon league's put together. Hands down. then we kinda go down hill from there lol :-D

They play different positions. League is going to be a dominant closer when he matures. Exactly. Thats the only prospect you can say that is better then the Jays Farm teams.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:13 am

well pelfrey is gonna be damn good, and humber will be a good pitcher but i dont think the mets have signed him yet. milledge is a top 10 prospect while i think league is around top 50 or 60. also most of the jays major prospects of this year have already come up like arron hill, and i think quiroz came up, i really dont follow the jays that much but i know my prospects
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:16 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:well pelfrey is gonna be damn good, and humber will be a good pitcher but i dont think the mets have signed him yet. milledge is a top 10 prospect while i think league is around top 50 or 60. also most of the jays major prospects of this year have already come up like arron hill, and i think quiroz came up, i really dont follow the jays that much but i know my prospects

Quiroz really isn't that much of a top prospect for us anymore. He got hurt late last year, and hasn't really been the same since. In fact, I don't think he has played a game since the injury.

We could sure use him, though. Its really hard to have a backup catcher like Ken Huckaby. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:19 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:well pelfrey is gonna be damn good, and humber will be a good pitcher but i dont think the mets have signed him yet. milledge is a top 10 prospect while i think league is around top 50 or 60. also most of the jays major prospects of this year have already come up like arron hill, and i think quiroz came up, i really dont follow the jays that much but i know my prospects

Quiroz didn't come up this year. He broke his hand which kept him out. Thats why the Jays called up Ken "Can't hit the Ball" Huckaby. Quiroz is like a mini pudge with power. Jays have tons of prospects in their organization, and drafting Rickey Romero the awesome South-Paw, it just adds to it. The only reason you don't hear much about McGowan is because he had TJ surgery like Weir said.

Honestly, the Mets have a couple of nice looking prospects.. I'll give you credit.

But they don't touch the Jays prospects.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:30 am

the jays do have great prospects, but seriously get em up fast, hinske and huckaby are killing you. btw what are you gonna do with that extra 30 mill, maybe drop hinske out of there, or stop platooning the cat and reed johnson, tho you do already have great of prospects
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:32 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:the jays do have great prospects, but seriously get em up fast, hinske and huckaby are killing you. btw what are you gonna do with that extra 30 mill, maybe drop hinske out of there, or stop platooning the cat and reed johnson, tho you do already have great of prospects

Killing us?

We seem to be doing fine, I mean we have a better record than the Mets. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:39 am

the kaz brothers ishii and matsui, have dug us in an almost impossible hole to get out of. at least matsui got hurt, now its time to take down ishii. -dun dun dun-
}:-)
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:40 am

Theres only one way to solve this dilemma...

2009 WORLD SERIES

Toronto Blue Jays Vs. New York Mets.

Hopefully by then all our prospects will be called up and be superstars..Then we'll see.. :-b ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk