Who should I root for? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who should I root for?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who should I root for?

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon May 23, 2005 4:39 pm

Hey guys...as some of you may know I spend most of my time on the so called light side, the Football Cafe (or is that the dark side?) I get the two mixed up a lot...
:*)

Anyway, with summer just around the corner I'll probably end up spending more time in here than the Football side...so I figure I need a team to root for. (Being able to show some homerism wouldn't hurt either ;-))

So who should be my new favorite team? (I've never really had an old one though, no baseball teams near where I live, so all my time here I've just sported random sigs)
big ups to smoovethug on the sig
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LooseCannon » Mon May 23, 2005 4:50 pm

Root for Reyes. Go Mets

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon May 23, 2005 4:58 pm

I'd choose a team full of up and coming stars. They'll be the most exciting to watch.

Mets.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 23, 2005 5:10 pm

I think you should choose the Washington Nationals or the Rockies
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:16 pm

Either the Mets or the Red Sox ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby The Punisher » Mon May 23, 2005 5:33 pm

D Rays, theyll be awesome in a few years and you wont be accused of getting on the bandwagon if you start liking them now
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 23, 2005 5:38 pm

The Punisher wrote:D Rays, theyll be awesome in a few years and you wont be accused of getting on the bandwagon if you start liking them now

Wow you are retarded
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Punisher » Mon May 23, 2005 5:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:
The Punisher wrote:D Rays, theyll be awesome in a few years and you wont be accused of getting on the bandwagon if you start liking them now

Wow you are retarded

OK why buddy, love to see your explanation
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daullaz » Mon May 23, 2005 6:03 pm

Leaving my favorite two teams aside, I would tell you to root for the Minnesota Twins.

They play in what usually amounts to an ultra-competitive division where 4 of the 5 teams stay competitive most of the year.

They have a solid nucleus of young position players and play a throwback brand of baseball not dependant on the long ball that many saw as a better game. That nucleus would include Jason Kubel but for a season-ending injury early on, but next year he will make the team younger and better by taking an OF spot.

They have a dominant ace that you look forward to watching get the ball every 5th day. You know in 20 years you'll be talking about him to your kids or grandkids.

They have a very deep farm system that allows you to see some of the best prospects in the league.

And, unless something's changed, they are still a small-market team, and everyone loves the underdog.

Since I have no AL-team to root for, I usually root for the Twins, because of the reasons stated above. I also think they have a legitimate shot at a championship within the next couple years, maybe even this year.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:12 pm

daullaz wrote:Leaving my favorite two teams aside, I would tell you to root for the Minnesota Twins.

They play in what usually amounts to an ultra-competitive division where 4 of the 5 teams stay competitive most of the year.

They have a solid nucleus of young position players and play a throwback brand of baseball not dependant on the long ball that many saw as a better game. That nucleus would include Jason Kubel but for a season-ending injury early on, but next year he will make the team younger and better by taking an OF spot.

They have a dominant ace that you look forward to watching get the ball every 5th day. You know in 20 years you'll be talking about him to your kids or grandkids.

They have a very deep farm system that allows you to see some of the best prospects in the league.

And, unless something's changed, they are still a small-market team, and everyone loves the underdog.

Since I have no AL-team to root for, I usually root for the Twins, because of the reasons stated above. I also think they have a legitimate shot at a championship within the next couple years, maybe even this year.

Damn dude. Good post. I'm an A's fan and you about converted me. Well not really. Good argument why a new fan should like the Twins though.

I'd say dont be an A's fan like me. Your heart will get broken bye a playoff choke every time they make it there. You will only get to see about 1-3 of the good players the team develops get re-signed.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to General Talk