Graves DESIGNATED for ASSIGNMENT - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Graves DESIGNATED for ASSIGNMENT

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon May 23, 2005 8:18 pm

Mr. Graves is likely going to be an MR somewhere. Someone will take a chance on him for the minimum after he clears. Not much to lose. How much there is to gain is debateable also. I guess that middle finger was too much for Reds maneagement because they have to pay him anyway and they could have sent him to the BP for long relief. Maybe someone would have taken him July 31st for a bag of rocks and a low-level prospect. Now they will get nada.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon May 23, 2005 8:22 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Mr. Graves is likely going to be an MR somewhere. Someone will take a chance on him for the minimum after he clears. Not much to lose. How much there is to gain is debateable also. I guess that middle finger was too much for Reds maneagement because they have to pay him anyway and they could have sent him to the BP for long relief. Maybe someone would have taken him July 31st for a bag of rocks and a low-level prospect. Now they will get nada.

not true ..

they still have a week to get a bag of rocks
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby benjapage » Mon May 23, 2005 8:54 pm

first, veres, it's only been 10 years since the reds had some consistently strong standards.

second, graves was careless. he continued to throw penguins down the chute, or just lifeless (fast?)balls and sinkers. it was, and it has been brutal to watch. should milton prove as ineffective for as long a stretch of time, i should think the same fate would befall him.

third, good riddance. the reds need a complete overhaul. someone in that organization needs to take a little peek at the minnesota twins and jot down some notes. dang.

but yeah, back to graves. he gave a lot to the city, but proceeded to coast on the momentum. he got out of shape, and lost at least 5mph without developing any better control or movement. wretched.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wrveres » Mon May 23, 2005 8:58 pm

benjapage wrote:first, veres, it's only been 10 years since the reds had some consistently strong standards.

second, graves was careless. he continued to throw penguins down the chute, or just lifeless (fast?)balls and sinkers. it was, and it has been brutal to watch. should milton prove as ineffective for as long a stretch of time, i should think the same fate would befall him.

third, good riddance. the reds need a complete overhaul. someone in that organization needs to take a little peek at the minnesota twins and jot down some notes. dang.

but yeah, back to graves. he gave a lot to the city, but proceeded to coast on the momentum. he got out of shape, and lost at least 5mph without developing any better control or movement. wretched.

b

almost makes you miss Marge, no ...?
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Mon May 23, 2005 9:44 pm

Ok ...

who ever said Weathers ....

gets the cookie .

who said Weathers?
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gws226 » Mon May 23, 2005 10:02 pm

Wow this is a crazy week for closer adds to sure up your fantasy teams....... (and hits for some of us owners too)

I've been snagging Closers left and right for trades, and to cover my injuries.....

Now all I got to do is get these damn fantasy owners to get their thumbs out of their arses and stop asking the world for their players :)
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Tue May 24, 2005 3:26 am

Wow......Just completely cut ties? 8-o I'd at least think they could use him in mop up duty and save their better arms for when it actually matters. :-?

Doubt they get much in a trade. Maybe a bag of used baseballs or a peanut vendor, or something. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby phunkadelic » Tue May 24, 2005 8:06 am

wrveres wrote: almost makes you miss Marge, no ...?

Hey now, that's a low blow :-b

Graves wasn't cut for his performance. He was cut as a favor to fans, to try to get them to start coming back to the stadium. Attendance has been horrible the last few weeks. Obviously, unless the Reds start winning, it doesn't matter who's on the field, nobody's going to go to the games - but that seems to be beyond Reds' management's small minds.

After Grave's comments a couple weeks ago about the fans (as well as due to his performance), he became the least popular player in Cincy. Flicking off a fan in the $175 seats in Sunday's game was the last straw.

Of course, the official reason for his designation will always be performance.

I think I'm going to adopt a new team to root for. :-[
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Tue May 24, 2005 10:12 am

Wow! Surprising.....but yeah, too bad. B-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RugbyD » Tue May 24, 2005 10:16 am

antbody know who the guys was in the high-priced seat that graves was playing charades with? might be someone with some leverage of sorts. Other players have done worse and not been cut.

?????????????
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers