Graves DESIGNATED for ASSIGNMENT - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Graves DESIGNATED for ASSIGNMENT

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Chuckles » Mon May 23, 2005 5:25 pm

max01889 wrote:
logan wrote:now the question is who is more valuable. bennero or wagner :-?

I'm in the process of cutting Bernero for Wagner. He seems like more of a sure thing to get the save opps.

That's my thought as well, although I have both. I'm not sold on Bernero as of yet...we'll see as soon as he gets a save opp though.
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Schnoo » Mon May 23, 2005 5:26 pm

There is one thing that has yet to be mentioned in all of this talk of cutting Bernero for Ryan Wagner. Yes it is true that Bernero may be in more of a committee situation, but I think it also must be noted that Atlanta's team will probably create so many more save opportunities than Cincy will. Even if Bernero is in a closer by committee situation, he still may see just as mnay opportunities as Wagner even if Wagner has the closer role all to himself.
Schnoo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 23, 2005 5:34 pm

am i the only one worried that this could turn into a Larry Rothschild experiment?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby NZF » Mon May 23, 2005 5:36 pm

Wagner has blown all 3 of his career save opportunities.

If it is his job, it'll be very interesting to see how he goes in the closers role.

I certainly won't be rushing to pick him up.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Mon May 23, 2005 5:38 pm

Schnoo wrote:There is one thing that has yet to be mentioned in all of this talk of cutting Bernero for Ryan Wagner. Yes it is true that Bernero may be in more of a committee situation, but I think it also must be noted that Atlanta's team will probably create so many more save opportunities than Cincy will. Even if Bernero is in a closer by committee situation, he still may see just as mnay opportunities as Wagner even if Wagner has the closer role all to himself.

I don't have the numbers off hand ..

But it seems to me that Graves had a ton more opportunities than Smoltz over the last couple of years..
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby jimmyrad » Mon May 23, 2005 5:44 pm

wrveres wrote:
Schnoo wrote:There is one thing that has yet to be mentioned in all of this talk of cutting Bernero for Ryan Wagner. Yes it is true that Bernero may be in more of a committee situation, but I think it also must be noted that Atlanta's team will probably create so many more save opportunities than Cincy will. Even if Bernero is in a closer by committee situation, he still may see just as mnay opportunities as Wagner even if Wagner has the closer role all to himself.

But it seems to me that Graves had a ton more opportunities than Smoltz over the last couple of years..

I have no stats on hand either, and while I wouldn't go as far to say "a ton more," I definitely don't think ATL has any sort of Save Opp. differential (this year or last) that should cause someone to hesitate on a Red's closer.
jimmyrad
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Chuckles » Mon May 23, 2005 5:47 pm

wrveres wrote:

That's my thought as well. Saves are so hard to predict anyway, so really it's a crapshoot. And the fact that Bernero might be part of a committee over Wagner is a concern. The fact that Wagner has blown all three save opps. is a tad misleading too, as I'm assuming those occurred in past years. That's hardly a sample anyway, but it is something to consider I guess. It's hard/impossible to say for sure, it's just the gut feeling I get.
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

a

Postby joeg24 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Would anyone drop Dempster for him? Or Street?
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby swingaway » Mon May 23, 2005 6:00 pm

dont drop graves he probably will get signed or clamied by some team deperate for a closer mayeb atlantan and mazz :-? then kolb get let go :-B
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 23, 2005 6:02 pm

Add me to the list of people who dropped Bernero for Wagner. Here's my logic. My other closers are-

Turnbow
Lidge
Lyon
Hermanson

I want to run five because I'm behind in saves and need to catch up. Now Bernero is on waivers until the 26th. This keeps someone else (like the Graves owner in my league) from snapping up Wagner for the time being. If I want Bernero back because it looks like he's the regular closer I can wake up at midnight and recover him on the 26th, and figure out who to drop at that point.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers