Anyone use Netflix? I have a question. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone use Netflix? I have a question.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mets4Life » Mon May 23, 2005 9:13 pm

I use blockbuster, but I don't watch the movies right away..instead I umm..store them for later use and backup...but anyway, on the 3 DVD plan, if I get the movies on Monday, snd them out Tuesday, I can suually get in about 6 movies a week ;-D ;-D
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 23, 2005 9:42 pm

Mets4Life wrote:I use blockbuster, but I don't watch the movies right away..instead I umm..store them for later use and backup...but anyway, on the 3 DVD plan, if I get the movies on Monday, snd them out Tuesday, I can suually get in about 6 movies a week ;-D ;-D

As Yogi Berra once said, "It's deja vu all over again."

I like to back things up as well.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Mon May 23, 2005 11:55 pm

Phatferd wrote:Thanks. I live in Santa Ana, California and they have a Distribution Center in my city. Would this mean I get the DVDs no later than a Wed if I place the order on a Monday, most likely?

Anyone experience Blockbuster online? I know people say they have less movies, however, I did a search on their site of about 10 odd movies and they had every single one. I also heard that they ship your movies out as soon as they are scanned at the post office, so before they ever get back to them. They also operate on Saturdays so thats also a plus. They also give you the 2 free movie or VIDEO GAMES a month in store. I love that I can get a couple games a month. They also have a Distribution Center in Santa Ana.

Anyways, I think I will test out both for free for a bit.

BTW, I am not spamming, but check this out guys. I came across this, if you are a Netflix customer if you cancel and forward your cancellation email to Blockbuster Online you get 2 free months plus a free movie to own. http://www.blockbuster.com/homepages/displayPage.action?channel1=Movies&channel2=walmart&nav=false

I use Blockbuster Online. At first, I was getting movies after about two days off shipment. For some reason, that's now slowed down to 3-4 days...one took about five. I live in Charlottesville, VA...which isn't big, but isn't off the map, either.

Their selection is great, though. They've had everything I've wanted to see. You also get two coupons for free in-store rentals (game or movie...incl. new releases) each month. If you get two new releases, that more than pays for half or your monthly Online fee.

What programs are y'all using to backup DVDs? I've tried some crap, but have been unable to get the audio and the video to copy together...I only seem to be able to get the video. Help would be appreciated...PM would be great if y'all don't want to discuss here.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Tue May 24, 2005 12:00 am

Im gonna test both out I figured and go with what works.

I heard if you average above 10 or so DVDs a month they purposely slow down your shipping times to save themselves the money they lose on shipping.

Hahaha I edited my post cause I wasn't sure if I could talk about that stuff and Mets is too quick for me. Lol. Oh Well.

I heard AnyDVD is the better than Decrypter.
Last edited by Phatferd on Tue May 24, 2005 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mets4Life » Tue May 24, 2005 12:02 am

Phatferd wrote:DVD Decryptor then DVD Shrink. I have Nero, and DVD shrink works well with Nero.

Exactly ;-D

Except I you don't really need to DVD Decrypter part in the begining
I just use DVD Shrink --> Nero/Dvd Decrypter
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Phatferd » Tue May 24, 2005 7:39 pm

Well, I got all 3 today. They shipped on Monday got them today. They told me in my email they would be here on or around Wed. I guess I am one of the few who get them pretty quickly. I just hope it stays that way and doesn't slow down when I average more than 3 a week.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRock » Wed May 25, 2005 9:15 am

Call me old-fashioned but I still enjoy browsing at my local Blockbuster. Got their $25 unlimited viewing plan, my turnaround time is about 20 minutes and I don't have the 2-3 days with no movies. Plus I can pickout whatever I'm in the mood for any given day, not just what's available on my list. If I try something and it blows, I can swap it out the same day. Pretty low-tech but it's like having a personal DVD collection the size of a Blockbuster store.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Phatferd » Wed May 25, 2005 8:36 pm

TheRock wrote:Call me old-fashioned but I still enjoy browsing at my local Blockbuster. Got their $25 unlimited viewing plan, my turnaround time is about 20 minutes and I don't have the 2-3 days with no movies. Plus I can pickout whatever I'm in the mood for any given day, not just what's available on my list. If I try something and it blows, I can swap it out the same day. Pretty low-tech but it's like having a personal DVD collection the size of a Blockbuster store.

I did that a few months back when you could do the 3 movies out at a time for $15 the first month. After the month I cancelled, but it was sweet. $25 a month is a little too much for me, even though its a great deal. If this online thing has a horrible turnaround I might go back to that.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk