Anyone use Netflix? I have a question. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone use Netflix? I have a question.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone use Netflix? I have a question.

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 23, 2005 3:41 am

I am thinking of joining Netflix and was wondering how often you get your DVDs delivered. I am kinda worried that since they don't do crap on Saturday and Sunday's that I will not get a good rotation going of DVDs in the door and out.

I would like to view about 6-9 DVDs a week. I figure if I make an order on Sat it will clear on Monday and I will get the movies on Tuesday. If I watch the 3 I get in 2 days, that means they are out the door on Thursdays and I don't get them until Saturday or even Monday. If this is the case, then I don't want to do it.

Anyone have problems with things like this or do you use a system that works well?
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 23, 2005 10:35 am

I have it and it's great. I can't guarantee where they are in relation to you but there are tons of locations throughout the country. I live in Jersey and mail to a location that is about 15-20 minutes from me. In-state mail takes a day. If I mail my DVD back early on a Monday, they get it on Tuesday and I usually get a new DVD on that Wednesday. If you have a DVD burner and a stash of blanks, you could always just get them, burn them, and ship them back. Either that or keep a hefty supply of popcorn on hand.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon May 23, 2005 11:44 am

If you're in a major city I think you'll be fine. There's a distribution plant a few miles from my apartment, so I get DVDs back within three days of mailing it. Not bad.

But, man, that's a lot of DVDs to watch.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 23, 2005 11:50 am

Yea you are a DVD watching machine!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Baseballer02 » Mon May 23, 2005 12:58 pm

I live west of Atlanta, GA, out in the middle of the country. If I sent out a DVD on Monday, I would have the next one Wednesday. They're usually pretty quick.

Gamefly, on the other hand. :-o
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: Anyone use Netflix? I have a question.

Postby Rkiivs » Mon May 23, 2005 1:37 pm

Phatferd wrote:I would like to view about 6-9 DVDs a week. I figure if I make an order on Sat it will clear on Monday and I will get the movies on Tuesday. If I watch the 3 I get in 2 days, that means they are out the door on Thursdays and I don't get them until Saturday or even Monday. If this is the case, then I don't want to do it.

Anyone have problems with things like this or do you use a system that works well?

I doubt you'll be able to get this many delivered week in and week out on the 3 dvd plan. Most of the time they service is great and I live near a distribution center. Plus, the post office makes scheduled deliveries at our office several times a day since we deal in mailing out product. But even on the 3 dvd plan I had a hard time getting that many delivered in a week. I bumped it up to the 5 dvd plan to get in that many.

Don't get me wrong, the service is good but I think the turnaround time could be better. I can get an email in the morning to notify me they received my movie but sometimes I don't get an email for outgoing movies until later that day or even the next day.

Lofunzo/Trans, drop me an pm if you're interested in joining my friends list on Netflix.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 23, 2005 1:47 pm

Thanks. I live in Santa Ana, California and they have a Distribution Center in my city. Would this mean I get the DVDs no later than a Wed if I place the order on a Monday, most likely?

Anyone experience Blockbuster online? I know people say they have less movies, however, I did a search on their site of about 10 odd movies and they had every single one. I also heard that they ship your movies out as soon as they are scanned at the post office, so before they ever get back to them. They also operate on Saturdays so thats also a plus. They also give you the 2 free movie or VIDEO GAMES a month in store. I love that I can get a couple games a month. They also have a Distribution Center in Santa Ana.

Anyways, I think I will test out both for free for a bit.

BTW, I am not spamming, but check this out guys. I came across this, if you are a Netflix customer if you cancel and forward your cancellation email to Blockbuster Online you get 2 free months plus a free movie to own. http://www.blockbuster.com/homepages/displayPage.action?channel1=Movies&channel2=walmart&nav=false
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon May 23, 2005 2:24 pm

Rkiivs wrote:Lofunzo/Trans, drop me an pm if you're interested in joining my friends list on Netflix.

What is this, and how does it benefit me? :-?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 23, 2005 5:33 pm

Phatferd wrote:Thanks. I live in Santa Ana, California and they have a Distribution Center in my city. Would this mean I get the DVDs no later than a Wed if I place the order on a Monday, most likely?

Well, there really aren't any "orders". In the beginning, you sign up, create a queue of movies, and they send you the first 3. Once you send 1 or more back, they send you the amount of movies that you just returned. There aren't any orders, per se. Do you have a free trial?? If not, I think that I can send you something for a month free.

If you are in the same city, why not just hand deliver them?? :-?

Transmogrifier wrote:
Rkiivs wrote:Lofunzo/Trans, drop me an pm if you're interested in joining my friends list on Netflix.

What I think that it is is if you have others on your list there, you can better see how I like and dislike movies and vice versa. My sister added me. I have never really used it but it is harmless.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Phatferd » Mon May 23, 2005 8:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Thanks. I live in Santa Ana, California and they have a Distribution Center in my city. Would this mean I get the DVDs no later than a Wed if I place the order on a Monday, most likely?

Well, there really aren't any "orders". In the beginning, you sign up, create a queue of movies, and they send you the first 3. Once you send 1 or more back, they send you the amount of movies that you just returned. There aren't any orders, per se. Do you have a free trial?? If not, I think that I can send you something for a month free.

If you are in the same city, why not just hand deliver them?? :-?

Transmogrifier wrote:

What I think that it is is if you have others on your list there, you can better see how I like and dislike movies and vice versa. My sister added me. I have never really used it but it is harmless.

I signed up for the free 2 weeks and should get the first 3 tomorrow.

You suggest that I just hand deliver the movies to the DC. Can I do this? If so then sweet.

BTW, I am not trying to sell you anything, but I think I may cancel Netflix in 2 weeks and join Blockbuster online, they offer old Netflix customers 2 free months along with any movie you want to own.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk