My starting pitching staff will come around, won't it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My starting pitching staff will come around, won't it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby big shot » Mon May 30, 2005 5:00 pm

k brown already coming around, how bout it
big shot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fraquar » Mon May 30, 2005 5:13 pm

What hurts is that you counted on Ollie to be the second stud to anchor your staff and up to this point he has been the torpedo (actually you have been hit with several salvos) that has sunken it.

If you have had that roster for the majority of the season and used them accordingly - even a Cy Young 2nd half from all of them probably wouldn't ressurect you.

Your pitching staff's ERA and WHIP to this point are probably worse than most actual ML teams based on the starts these guys have had (or at least close) and nowhere near Fantasy standards.

Chalk this one up as one of those years when everything can - and has went wrong - at the worst possible moments (Murphy's Law). Sometimes there is no escaping that.

Anyway

Zambrano - Anchor
Perez - Torpedo and may continue to be
Radke - excellent in WHIP, may hurt you everywhere else
Escobar - when healthy will be steady
Weaver - crapshoot, may or may not heat up with the summer months
fraquar
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cnt » Mon May 30, 2005 5:30 pm

Not to change the subject or anything, but were you being serious in your orginal post....You traded Freddy Garcia for Gary Sheffield straight up? What kind of league are you playing in? With owners like that I would not worry to much, anyone with any baseball knowledge at all should be able to compete for the championship in that league. Maybe you could get Cabrera for Millwood next, or Vlad for Weaver. Than you don't have to worry about your pitching and just win the league on offense.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but really Garcia for Sheffield staight up, and it didn't get vetoed? What kind of league is this? Does not sound all too competitive to me.
cnt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gws226 » Mon May 30, 2005 5:44 pm

Brown has won 4 in a row now. I was gonna cut him loose last week in mine, but he has a decent 2 start week this week (KC, MIN) He can easily be riding a 6 game winning streak this time next week.

Only tripling my second guessing on who Im gonna drop when my DLs return.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Mon May 30, 2005 6:10 pm

Millwood, Brown, and Weaver are all bottom fantasy starters. It's pretty tough on your ratios when you have all three of these guys.. Look on the WW for some better starters, or grab some top MR guys instead of using these guys. Might be too late in the season now, as hard to save the ratios (if your in dead last) with already a quarter of the season gone.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby socceryank » Mon May 30, 2005 10:35 pm

CNT -- believe it or not, this actually is a very competitive league. The thing that worked in my favor is that I was in dead last (by a HUGE margin) at the time, and not perceived as any sort of threat, while the other guy was in 2nd; the other owners were looking at this as a way to weaken him I suppose. I've since moved up to 6th, quickly, thanks to my offense leading in almost all categories.

I've done some WW work. RP all stay the same, but SP is different. Brown, Weaver and Millwood all gone:

Zambrano
Ol. Perez
Escobar
Radke
Capuano
Pettitte

If Perez would come around, and if Pettitte can stay healthy pitched like yesterday, I could make a turnaround. Anyone agree?
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby MinorityAuthority » Tue May 31, 2005 3:05 am

If Pettitte stays healthy you have a chance. If not you can look for these WW mainstays:

Chris Young, Cliff Lee, Kenny Rogers, Kip Wells, Tim Stauffer, Brian Moehler, Mark Redman

But good job with Capuano he was gone weeks ago for me ;-D
Please help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133433
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TB13 » Tue May 31, 2005 9:50 am

Scooter1027 wrote:I've been trying to acquire Ollie, he could very well be poised for a Santana-esque run.

Not with the amount of people that he has been walking, he's not.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers